X

JDM Katanas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM Katanas?

So I was watching Kill Bill 2 the other day, and seeing Uma on a bike in Japan made me wonder what the JDM Katana differences are, if there is such an animal...Any of you guys know?

I still have to laugh at the Fast and Furious crowd who will take a $500 Honda sedan, throw $1000 rims on it, a $500 basket handle wing, gawdy puke green paint (say $1500), faux carbon fiber, fart can exhaust pipe, and the requisite fender mounted turn signal indicators and call it JDM...

I guess its no different than dumping thousands into a $500 Katana...
    Screw whales, Save the titties!

Re: JDM Katanas?

Originally posted by kelly
    I still have to laugh at the Fast and Furious crowd who will take a $500 Honda sedan, throw $1000 rims on it, a $500 basket handle wing, gawdy puke green paint (say $1500), faux carbon fiber, fart can exhaust pipe, and the requisite fender mounted turn signal indicators and call it JDM...

The only difference is the $500 Katana would still beat the pimp'd Honda.

Comment

Re: JDM Katanas?

Originally posted by kelly
      So I was watching Kill Bill 2 the other day, and seeing Uma on a bike in Japan made me wonder what the JDM Katana differences are, if there is such an animal...Any of you guys know?

i like the 500$ honda with 1500$ rims and faux carbon 3' wing. rest of the car is primer with the unpainted body kit held on with dry wall screws. of course they think they are the fastest thing on the road.
      03 katanika

Comment

I like the fast and the furious as much as anybody, the first movie was definately pretty cool... but I have to admit the 18 yr olds who's mommy and daddy paid out the wazoo just their baby can have a neato car tend to make me nauscious.. but still this one from the first F&F movie was damn cool !

Plus half the fun of seeing these people in cars is watching their faces light up when they wanna race and then you smoke em on your bike

Comment

i hate riced out hondas! i think they look like sh*t. i like hondas that are plain and simple. lowered, decent rims. but really fast!

Comment

yeah, that 2 minute 1/4 drag race was...in tense.

and don't get me started on the CGI.

Comment

What is JDM?
              Japanese Domestic Market??
              I believe that that the bike the Bride was
              riding was a CBR.. No?

Comment

Yeahhh

Yes, I think it was a CBR, but still, do the Kats that never got off the island have any differences than ours...

As far as Hondas go, not a big fan, but my CRX was tons of fun! It was the ugliest first-gen ever! I was "playing" in the Malibu Canyons, and I hit a guardrail, and obliterated the nose plastic on the car. I left the windows down and unbolted the sunroof during the warmer months. I took an exhaust tip off a Ferrari 330 (I think), modified it, and had stinger-type pipe on it. The tips were glass-packed resonators. I took the muffler off and replaced it with the tip, and it didn't sound like a constipated mosquito in a beer can at all-it sounded like a bike!
                That car was a rat car though. It got lots of unwanted attention from the heat because it looked like a druggie car! I paid just about as much in one month in insurance as I did for the Katana this year!
                That thing was fast! I spanked ricer boys in their pretty cars with that old ugly thing. I took the honda logos off of it, and wanted to put the motorcycle "wing" logos on it...
                Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Maybe something like this:

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Just visited the Japanese website for Suzuki and they don't have the Katana (GSXF) in the current lineup for the domestic (JP) market. Actually the Hayabusa is also not there. Hmmm. Here is the product listing for street bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMax
                      Here is the product listing for street bikes...
                      Lots of 400cc bikes... must be a tax-bracket issue. Sure wish we had more of those here for starting riders and the short individuals.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

To get your Japanese license you need (or did)
                        to be able to pick up the bike..
                        So that factors into a large number of under 500cc bikes
                        in Japan and why few women get their licenses..

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          Thanks for the link,interesting...

Comment

Working...
                          X