X

06 Yamaha R1 seat on My KAT fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too wet outside

Found a pad off some gym equipment to stick in the pillion hole for now (so I can go for a ride with the exhaust straight off the headers)
    Attached Files
    1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
    1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
    2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

That looks really hot !! Nice job. It elongates the bike just enough to give it a real unique look. so what else do you do when you're bored and looking to throw something together?

Comment

that's look'n really sharp
        rock
        always working on mods

Comment

Holy crap, that looks like something Batman would ride.

Seriously though, that is a very cool and unique mod. Great job.

Comment

I'm really liking some of the streetfighter bikes that people have been working on. Your's bike has a lot of potential of being one of the more interesting designs.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
              I'm really liking some of the streetfighter bikes that people have been working on. Your's bike has a lot of potential of being one of the more interesting designs.
              I am not a big fan of the streetfighter-look, but I too like what 'debaser' has made. Maybe some more inspiration for you do-it-yourself-guys: How do you find this GSX-R750 which has been modified just a bit by another crazy dane :

Comment

SWEET!!
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Cheers

Thanks for the comments guys and gals. I promise to get it outside and get pics. I am about to stick an r6 rear shock into it next week.

Comment

What is that you have on as a rear tire?
                    The profile is sick.

I saw a piece on Corbin's Ride On, about the Streetfighter movement in Europe / US. The Europeans really focus on handling and performance and build the cosmetics around it. In the States, you guys build reversely and consentrate on the styling first, then work on performance mods.

Regardless, it whole concept is awesome. I wish I had the facilities, money and courage to cut into a perfectly good bike.

Please keep us posted with your progress, debaser.

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

mods

Heya Bobkat I agree with the american british thing I am in aussie by the way. My bike handles much better than stock. Upgraded springs in the forks and a gsxr 1100 rear shock (soon to be r6) The tyres are michelin power piltots the wheels are standard 96 up front 99 rear to allow for the 160. Handles like a dream compared to standard. Plus I have lost a lot of weight by ditching all the excess body work.

Comment

nice work debaser. looking super sharp and fkn mean!!

im watching this build closely

cheers.joe.

Comment

niiice. so did you just wake up one day and decide.."hey i want an R1 ass on my kat" ?
                          Hello World.

Comment

R1 ass

Pretty much irenekat. I must admit it is a bit of a trend. I never liked the back end of my katana and it was either a late model gsxr or an r1. The r1 has room and after market bits to fit twin exhausts under the seat which is another future project. I have been toying with starting from scratch with a gsxr but nobody seems to do much with kats/teapots so it is fairly unique.

Comment

so is that the finished product? i'd like to see more pictures. naked kats are THE SH*T
                              Hello World.

Comment

Re: R1 ass

Originally posted by debaser
                                but nobody seems to do much with kats/teapots so it is fairly unique.
                                yeah, I wish people would start doing something unique with teapots.

Comment

Working...
                                X