No announcement yet.
X

Where did you buy your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I ever buy a bike, I check the owners' forum(s) to find out the candid opinions and pluses/minuses of the bike. It is actually a good way to buy a bike since you can check the history. IMHO anyway.
    Living truly is truly living

Comment

I bought one new from the dealer.
      The second one I bought from a local car dealer who took it in on trade and then way under-priced it to move it. That listing came up on CycleTrader.com Thursday morning at 2:20am or so, and at 7AM I was at the dealers waiting for their doors to open with a deposit. By noon, he had called three times and offered to split the $1k more he had been offered in the meantime if I was willing to let it go to another buyer. Generally, I scan CycleTrader at the time they renew their listings every week to find the best deals.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
        Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
        I had a friend that furnished his first house like that. He got on the registry at the local nursing home. within about 3 months he had a fully furnished house. He stayed on there too, and just kept trading up as better stuff started showing up. All of it was pretty cheap too. but most of it was free.

He even got a big screen tv for a few hundred bucks. Woulda been cheaper but he got into a bidding war with one of the other tenents.
        please explain. although it goes completely against my morals to approach family members in order to try to buy some dead person's stuff, I might be ok with signing up on a registry for that purpose. If it means I would get a call or a notice of stuff going up for sale, and just have to submit a bid....well I could go for that.
        But if it is just a letter saying, "hey....ol' lady jones just bit the big one, here is the address"....well, that's not for me.
        From what I understand it was basically a list he was put on that gave him first dibs on stuff that the familly of the deseaced didn't want. I don't know if it is a wide spread thing or not. I do remember he heard about it from a nurse that worked there who he was dingin' at the time, so I don't know if it's advertised or not.

Best bet would be to call a local nursing home and find out if they offer a program like that. They usually have a fair bit of turnaround and this is an easy way of dealing with all the stuff that gets left behind. Some times the familly wants it. sometimes they don't so they call the first person on the list.

I was really surprised at some of the nice stuff he got in such a short period of time. But then again he might have only got first crack at the nice stuff cause he was dingin' the nurse

Edit: sorry to crap on your thread Nick. I bought my Kat from the dealer

Comment

Local Newspaper was looking for a ninja 500 and found my baby!
          Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

The more places you list the better chance you have to sell it. List it here for sure, u never know when the prospective buyer may be lurking and signing up just to buy a new Kat. Cycletrader, craigs list, KR, local newspaper, the more exposure the better.

Comment

cycletrader.com

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

ebay
                05 GSX-600
                89 zx750r
                04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

Got mine through E-bay. Had to make a 14 hour drive to get it, but it was worth it.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                    Edit: sorry to crap on your thread Nick. I bought my Kat from the dealer
                    No problem. It wwas not your fault. Really it was Mojoe that started it all.

I tihnk that I am going to take everyones advice a list it in a couple places. I need to get the oil changed and take some pics then I will list the bike here and Craiglist. If I do not get any bites I will go for something like Cycletrader.

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                      I got mine off of cycletrader.com from this really hot chick. Man she was hot.
                      Is it why you overpaid?!

Comment

Where did you buy your Kat?

I stole mine..

Comment

Got mine from www.cycletrader.com . Also looked at a couple that were advertised in local newspapers, but didn't buy 'em.
                          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

did a Buy It Now on ebay for 2200.. It was only on there for 3 hours.. Figured if I didn't jump on that deal, someone would have before me.. Bought it before I even knew if I'd have the monies.. Obviously it all worked out in the end. 8)

Comment

Got her from Bentley's Cycle as a brand new 2006 baby right out of the box.
                              2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat
                                Got her from Bentley's Cycle as a brand new 2006 baby right out of the box.
                                That's awesome - I've never seen a bike actually in the box. Thanks for posting that pic.

I thought they just got delivered on carriers like in the Matrix
                                ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
                                X