No announcement yet.
X

Illegal, Gay or both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely. Good idea. I'll have to try that. Watch me wreck watching them though. I mean...the wheels are so bland and plain. Speciall at night time. You can't even see'em. Why wouldn't you add some flare?

Comment

I've used the red ones and pass cops almost daily (new speed trap) and never had a problem. It never occured to me that they might be illeagal so I never looked it up. After reading CPs post, I think I'll take them off - maybe put them on my bicycle. And I'm not gay, just very neat.

Comment

It's only certain colors that are illegal. Really the only legal colors that I know for sure are green and purple. That's why you see all the ricers with one or the other ground effects. Red, white, blue, (not sure about yellow) cops say can be interpretted as cop lights. No matter what ridiculous place they might be in. I'd be honored to be pulled over my a super bike cop with a modded out bike with lit wheels.

Comment

Color and flash rate legalities vary by state for tireflys and such things (the only exception are the few things over-ridden by national law, like headlight oscillators for motorcycles). What's legal in Florida may not be legal elsewhere.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I saw a pic the other day of a Kat with some sort of neon in the holes in the fairings (it was a 98 - 06, not sure which). Those 2 gaps on each side. Blue neons.... Not sure where it was and I wish I could remember the URL. Ah well, definitely increased visibility, didn't look too bad either.
            Counting the pennies everyday until there's enough of em to buy my *new* Katana.

Comment

Hmmm....not sure. Might have been led bolts, like the kind you can get for your tag. Not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by FGantIV
                I saw a pic the other day of a Kat with some sort of neon in the holes in the fairings (it was a 98 - 06, not sure which). Those 2 gaps on each side. Blue neons.... Not sure where it was and I wish I could remember the URL. Ah well, definitely increased visibility, didn't look too bad either.
                Maybe you mean under the blinkers in the front (which are in the fairing?)... I know one of our members out of north Florida has them in blue on a blue Kat -- looks pretty cool and he claims he hasn't been hassled by the local constabulary yet...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The ones just behind the Turn Signals. On the sides of the bike, kindof below the fuel tank. Not the intake at the front. Just under the Katana Logo on the side (from looking at the red Kat at the top of this page in the KatRiders Title area)

I was thinking about putting them on mine when I get it, definitely increased visibility, at night anyway.
                  Counting the pennies everyday until there's enough of em to buy my *new* Katana.

Comment

MY wife put blue neons inside her fairings on her Ninga,looks cool.Lights up the cylinders and lower engine nicely.

Comment

SInce I'm looking at a 2001 Yellow Kat 600 right now, I was thinking purple neons (since yellow/purple are complementary colors, would look good).

Comment

i actually think i am going to take my tire flys off thanks to cyberpoets knowledge. thanks again
                        "you build a life of success a day at a time"
                        Tim Hultz

Comment

Working...
                        X