X

New to the forum.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum.

Hey what's up guys, new to the forum and have a quick question. Well I bought a 94 katana 600 the other day and one of my buddies took off on it and laid it over.... Oil went everywhere, just wondering what it is that most likely broke. Haven't had time to look at the bike but will later today. Assuming its just the oil casing on the side but not sure. Thanks in advance.

been there, done that, got the differntly colored case cover.

Sounds like you broke one of your case covers. It isnt too expensive of a fix if the frame isn't bent. Shouldn't be too much money to fix if you send it to a shop. If you want to save money then pick up a new cover and gasket off of bikebandit and just replace it, The worst part is going to be fixing and repainting the fairings.

edit: make sure that it is only the cover, if the oil pan is cracked then repair becomes much more difficult, not to mention expensive.
    so I ride a Black kat,

... is that bad luck or somthing?

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, as for repairing/replacing the fairing...not worried about it because the fairings were pretty screwed up before he laid it over. He was going about 40-45 and caught some sand or something and laid it over, not sure how hard. Hope it didn't crack the oil pan.... I only paid $500 for the bike so its not going to be much damage before I say f*** it. Hope I get to take a look at it today though.

Comment

Looks alot worse then it is...mainly his arm and knee and a scrape on his eye lid somehow? really sore but he was lucky as crap imo......
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow!
          First sorry about your bike.....(and sorry your friend is hurt, grrrr)

BUT KICK THAT GUY IN THE AZZ!

Scraped his eye lid?! Helmet? Something to cover his arms!?

Did you let him take your bike, or did he just take it?!!

KICK HIM IN THE AZZ AGAIN!

Oh, Welcome to KatRiders! 8)

Comment

I let him ride it earlier that day and honestly don't care if he rides it. The bike was a learning bike for me since I've never owned a sports bike. I've rode a hell of a lot of dirt bikes and 4-wheelers but wanted something to cruise around on. We were trying to hide a switch to turn it off and on (previous owners brother tried to jam a screw driver in the ignition to turn it on because he hid the key from him) So it was just twisting wires together to get it to start. So we hooked up the switch and he was pulling it out of the shop. Not mad at him, just sad....

Oh and about the helmet/arms. No helmet and t-shirt. Not a good idea I think he learned his lesson...haha

Comment

Looks to me like HE needs a starter bike..........
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Well it seems he got what he deserved..
                Hes suffered enough.. I'd never let him ride my Kat
                again.. but having had similar rash on both arms before
                I know what he's feeling..

Welcome to KR!

Comment

Where could I order the casing from? And how much you guys think it would be?

Comment

Find out for sure...

Then Ebay or someone here might have the part..
                    When you know for sure, post it in the "Parts" forum as a WTB.. (Want to Buy)

Comment

Yeah I'm not buying anything for sure yet. I am just wondering prices because if it's more then like 100-200 to get drivable again I will most likely part the bike out. I am having trouble locating the part on ebay. Oh well guess I'll find out for sure if its the casing and start looking a little harder then.

Comment

The case will cross over into some year GSXR..
                        I don't know the years though..

Comment

Originally posted by brett
                          Where could I order the casing from? And how much you guys think it would be?
                          md86 and taz have parts for sale, check the parts forum.. also after braadajim takes a re inventory of all the parts he has left he may have them too.

Comment

Originally posted by brett
                            Yeah I'm not buying anything for sure yet. I am just wondering prices because if it's more then like 100-200 to get drivable again I will most likely part the bike out. I am having trouble locating the part on ebay. Oh well guess I'll find out for sure if its the casing and start looking a little harder then.
                            if you decide to part it out, page sadrik cuz he is looking for a motor.

oh...and welcome to KR.
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Which side did it fall on ? Left side you need the starter gear cover , right side is ignition cover . Neither one is much more than $50 .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X