Footrest position modification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footrest position modification

Hi All

On long journeys I get knee pain due to them being bent at an acute angle for so long. Is it possible to move the footrests forwards and / or lower ? Scraping the footrests won't be an issue. I will raise the seat a little which will help.

My gearlever hinges on the footrest pointing forward and connects to the front gearchange arm by a link rod approx. 25cm long whereas other katanas I've seen have the gearchange lever facing backwards and it hinges of a shaft sticking out of the front sprocket cover. They have a very short link rod. Has mine been modified by a previous owner?

Any solutions?

Pics?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Here we go....

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

My buddy sits on a very fluffy gel pad on top of his stock seat. before that he used to sit on a thick towel. He had the same problems.

Comment

Any ideas on moving the footrests ?

Comment

It looks like dodgy brothers have already done a mod on the footrest ... a bit of extra plate welded to the frame (or some scrap metal spacer???) and a random foot peg / shift lever bolted to it - hence the need for the ultra long linkage. Someone with a pre or access to good pics might be able to determine where your foot peg is in relation to standard. It may be set further back which would cause greater knee probs. Hard to know what your options are since your pic doesn't quite show all you have at the moment. You could always double-dodgy it and weld more plate so you can drop that existing peg down and forward ????? It looks like going back to stock might be difficult. Is the peg mount on the right the same as that? Is the welded in plate covering something else ... like a cracked frame???

Comment

The footrest on the other side is the same. I've been on the Ron Ayers website and I think the footpegs and gearchange system on my bike is off a gsx-r750.

Comment

What you are talking about, is adjustable rear sets. To my knowledge no one makes them for a gsxr or kat of that vintage anymore (if they ever did)

If you have access to a drill press, a tap, and some free time you could probably come up with something that would work.

Basically you just need to put together the backing plate that has all the different positions on it.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X