X

Where did you buy your Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaxKat
    Got her from Bentley's Cycle as a brand new 2006 baby right out of the box.
    Did you keep the box?

Actually, if that's the box it shipped in, I'm surprized. Honda and Yamaha have both moved to a recyclable/reusable shipping crate mechanism last time I checked.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

All the suzuki crates that Ive seen at my dealer too were reusable and stacked outside for return to the factory too.

I believe Char found her's on cycle trader if Im not mistaken. Mine came straight off the dealer showroom floor, well actually it was the garage portion of the showroom

Comment

I bought mine off Ebay from a person in Green Bay. Only had 500 miles on it. Some rich dude bought it for his wife, she wanted an Aprilla and he sold it to me for $4,500 new in 02. Ebay is scary for big purchases, but dammit I couldn't pass up a good deal like that.

Comment

bought mine off my dispatcher for 500 and he is gonna replace the missing nuts bolts and screws
          Racing a honda is like racing in the special olympics even if you win your still "special"

Comment

Got mine...brand new 02 from the stealer....in 03.

Comment

got mine from a person who fell asleep and hit two mailboxes so I had to do some work on it about a grand worth for plastics. Try a local newspaper here in Ny we have the want ad digest.
              "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Originally bought mine from a dealership, sold it to a brother then bought it back.
                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

E-bay. I Went off line with the guy, who was in Ohio, and made a deal. I don't think your suppose to do that, but I was just calling him to ask questions and see what his reserve was. It's all history from there.
                  http://www.geocities.com/kissarmymc/
                  bikerfriend.org You get cool stickers for your cage

Comment

Originally posted by jmanor010780
                    got mine from a person who fell asleep and hit two mailboxes so I had to do some work on it about a grand worth for plastics.
                    How the f$#K do you fall asleep on a motorcycle?

Comment

Originally posted by zenjim
                      How the f$#K do you fall asleep on a motorcycle?
                      Practice.

Get comfy. Do 600+ miles. Hit a fog bank at 4:30 in the morning -- and run through it for 50 miles. Try to stay awake.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Originally posted by JaxKat
                        Got her from Bentley's Cycle as a brand new 2006 baby right out of the box.
                        Did you keep the box?

Actually, if that's the box it shipped in, I'm surprized. Honda and Yamaha have both moved to a recyclable/reusable shipping crate mechanism last time I checked.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        I didn't get to keep the box...

Both creates arrived at the dealers while I was there... a Burgundy 750 and my Black 750... So they took me around back when it got there... and I snapped this cellphone pic... They assembled it under a half hour... Too bad it had started to snow by then... It was the begining of March...
                        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Bought mine from the brother in law, he never really had time to ride it or anybody to ride with. I ride to work a lot, so I get plenty of time on the bike, but I don't get much time for "fun" rides with other people.

Comment

got mine from a finance co. after the owner declared bankruptcy.

He pushed it through their door, tossed them the keys, and said see ya.

I got her dirty butt cheap because they had no idea what it was worth.

Comment

I bought mine through the local dealer. Paid $7625 OTD. They thru in a KBC helmet and a pair of Alpinestar gloves. Not bad I suppose.

Comment

Bought mine locally, only a couple miles from me. Saw it first on ebay, then went for a few visits and later bought it.

-Justin
                                '89 Conquest TSi :: '01 GSX 600F Katana :: '02 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Comment

Working...
                                X