X

Stolen bike ..... RECOVERED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen bike ..... RECOVERED

So I had my 97 600 stolen on superbowl Sunday right out of my driveway. I file a report with the police figuring it was gone forever (just canceled the insurance because I was selling it to somebody). I get a call yesterday that they found my bike in a trailer about 30 min away. I go to pick it up today and I see the damage... windhield, mirrors, and K&N pods are all missing. The ignition is drilled allmost all the way through so my keys are worthless and all the ignition wiring is cut. There is also something broken off in the seat lock so I can't take that off either. The front brake is also mysteriously locked up. That's what I can see so far. I have to go pick it up with a trailer tommorrow because they didn't tell me it wasn't drivable before I went out there. Turns out it was in a stolen trailer along with other stolen bikes and 4wheelers and it was found when the police got a search warrant (almost positively related to meth dealers, Arkansas is known for that). So, from what I can tell, the only way to get money from the guys is to wait until they are convicted (the police do have them in custody), and wait until they get out of jail for their sentences. So far I feel like i'm pretty shit out of luck. So if anybody has an ignition, mirrors, and K&N pods (bike is already tuned for them) or if you have been through this before and have some legal advice, let me know.

oh man that's rough! best of luck to you.

Long Live the D

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the damage, but at least you got it back.
      -----------------------
      2000 Katana 750
      K&N Filter and Jet Kit
      Yoshi Slip-on
      Katana Tank Bra
      Polished bar ends
      100W Zenon Headlight

Comment

I assume you didnt have any type of stolen bike coverage before you cancelled the insurance correct ? You might be hard pressed to get money out of these punks assuming they are convicted. Bike thieves just suck, I hope they nail their asses to the wall !

Comment

Glad you got your bike back but it sux that it was stolen in the first place.....damn thieves........

Comment

It pissses me of that I can't get money from them to reimburse me. They walked up and stole my stuff. I should be allowed to take thier things. I actually had to pay $85 for the "towing fee" for the bike. The thing really pisses me off.

So does anybody have an ignition I could use? Would I still be able to get one from Suzuki?

Comment

i'm sure people here will step up and help you out. glad you got the bike back. search ebay too you might find much of it there.

Comment

I got an ignition from some website for like 28 bucks. Mine was drilled when i got it. The keys don't match, but it works great. Just take off the gas tank and plug it in....

was simple to do..... good luck!
                (by the way, that was cheaper than ebay after they kill you with shipping. people wanted like 20 bucks to ship....)

Comment

What about hooking up a switch of some sort until you can get a actuall ignition. Just hide it under the fairing or something.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Hopefully I can pick up the bike today and get a good inspection of it. They seem to have cut alot of wires, and I can't figure out why the front brake is locked. I've never experienced that before. The cops said to send them an estimate of the damages and they will put in extra criminal mischief charges or some crap for the damages. I'm going to quote them for all parts straight from Suzuki (plastics included) so maybe I will get a $3000 a few years from now. Doubtfull, but I'm holding on to hope.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinwilly
                      I got an ignition from some website for like 28 bucks. Mine was drilled when i got it. The keys don't match, but it works great. Just take off the gas tank and plug it in....

was simple to do..... good luck!
                      (by the way, that was cheaper than ebay after they kill you with shipping. people wanted like 20 bucks to ship....)
                      Hey, thanks for the website! Looks like a great deal... your post confused me a little though. It comes with two keys, why don't your keys match?

Comment

Originally posted by AkBigN
                        Hey, thanks for the website! Looks like a great deal... your post confused me a little though. It comes with two keys, why don't your keys match?
                        He means that the gas cap and seatlock no longer "MATCH" the Ignition.

Comment

Hopefully the thieves will get beaten while in jail.
                          I hate to hear these stories. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                            well that makes sense. They just switched me to 12 hour shift 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. Haven't been great at producing clear thoughts lately. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskatana
                              Yeah- that's what i meant. I guess i was a little unclear. But i looked for days, and that's the best deal i could find. unless someone on here has one sitting around.

And interesting note: It says on their website that they make them with round keys (like the kind to open arcade games and vending machines). This would make it all but impossible to pick (as i can pick a motorcycle lock in under five minutes easily- not that i ever do).

I would have liked to have gotten something like that, but it wasnt an option to order. But i doubt bike thieves care about picking locks- it's much easier to break the steering lock and cart it away....

Comment

Working...
                              X