Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Weatherproof rocker switch to fit the bar controls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherproof rocker switch to fit the bar controls?

I figure this is worth asking before I go off and do a few hours of research and end up stymied...

Has anyone ever seen a rocker switch (preferably 3 position, center off) for the flat spot on the right hand control pod (the same place the hazard light switch is on the '04 and later models)? I was thinking about installing some auxiliary lighting and rather than punching through the instrument surround, I thought it'd be cleaner to run a switch right above the starter switch...

Something like this in the right size would be awesome (but my hopes don't raise that high):

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Something like this

With one of these?

Here.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

The problem isn't finding waterproof rockers -- it's finding a set that will fit that small plate form-factor on the right controls perfectly... Any clues?

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, I think your best bet would be to find an electronic component store and browse. I'm not sure about how many would be "Waterproof", but I've done a lot of electrical work and that's how I've had to do things. If you give me the dimensions you'd like, I could probably run down the street and paruse for you.

Comment

hey cyber look in the graybar catalog and they also have them in radio shack. but i get mine at gray bar

Comment

forgot also this is a marine grade switch. you can find it in a marine catalog forgot there name but there is one in jax and think there one in tampa

Comment

What about putting the switch somewhere else ? I have a two-position swith at the bottom of my dash for neons , and it fits great . Or maybe a three-way toggle like you can find for guitar switches . Put a rubber surround on it and you're set .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think West Marine (westmarine.com?) has marine-grade electronics.

Comment

thats it westmarine. thank you ironh

Comment

how bout Chesters Electronics on missouri by east bay?

Comment

Something Like SO?

Froogle for rocker switches. All you could dream of. Has anyone gone and measured how much room we have to work with?

Comment

Don't forget Digikey..

Ive also seen "condoms" for toggle switches..
                        Vuncanized onto the mounting nut..

Comment

Why don't you go to a bike yard, and try and pull a switch off something else. Maybe a kill switch off an old quad or something. It's a 3 way, it's waterproof, you might find one that would fit, plus it's allready designed for handle bar controls so it wouldn't look out of place. Mounting might get tricky, but it could be done with a little trial and error.

Comment

Working...
                          X