X

clear for the rear?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear for the rear?

i guess i was not thinking to clearly and go a little ahead of my self. i ordered a bracket and some clear rear blinkers for my bike so i can hack up my old rear fender to better suit my tastes. however i forgot about the fact that the rear blinkers have to be amber or red to be leagal... somebody please correct me if i am wrong. so i ordered some blinkers that are white and now i guess i am stuck selling them on ebay again unless somebody can give me some good information on how to solve this problem. so anyone with a good idea please let me know. thanks
    "you build a life of success a day at a time"
    Tim Hultz

What state do you live in? Different states have different laws...but I believe all blinkers have to be amber/yellow...I don't think white will fly...you can always get the amber bulbs or convert to amber leds...don't always have to resort to reselling them...
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Not SUPPOSED to. HOWEVER. I see blue on corner lenses and blinkers here in tulsa quite often...it's kinda scary. Serious tickets for impersonating a cop == could happen in this situation. Just depends where you live and how strict they are on the laws.

Comment

I am with Jax on this one. Just get the yellow bulbs to put in there and you should be fine.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Jax covered what we do here in KS. Just but the amber bulbs and you'll be fine. A friend and I got pulled over last summer because of his clear lenses, but as soon as the Trooper saw his amber bulbs he appologized and went on his way.
          2005 Aprilia RST1000
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
          1998 Chevy Tahoe
          www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I have clear lenses with amber bulbs. This should not be an issue as long as the light is amber when blinking.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I would keep the new signals in case you get some damage. All you really need is new bulbs, so unless you bought some really nice blinkers...

Comment

Same over here to. Just has to blink amber. Actually the rears can blink red, but only if the lense is red(such as an integrater), but the fronts have to blink amber.
                One day....

Comment

No problems at all with clear lens' anywhere..but the bulbs yes, I know in PA red or amber is acceptable, but white they frown on.

Comment

Working...
                  X