No announcement yet.
X

Bought A New Bike!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now that you bought a BMW are you going to snob out and ignore us like all the other BMW riders out there?
    -Tiny

'05 Katana 600

Comment

How good a deal did you get on it?
      And, no, I'm not telling you where you can get the computer interface needed to reset the oil change reminder or do any of the other basic maint!

I love that bike... But I have been warned that eats the OEM tires in about 2k miles at high-speed highway cruising...

BTW: you look damn good for someone who has a broken collar bone and whatever all else wrong with you...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        How good a deal did you get on it?
        And, no, I'm not telling you where you can get the computer interface needed to reset the oil change reminder or do any of the other basic maint!

I love that bike... But I have been warned that eats the OEM tires in about 2k miles at high-speed highway cruising...

BTW: you look damn good for someone who has a broken collar bone and whatever all else wrong with you...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Well, I got a pretty good deal on the bike (I think) due to the fact the 2007 models are just coming out and end of season is nearing. It's fully loaded (including centrestand) so it comes out to a pretty penny. I looked at the tires and you are correct that Michelin Pilot Power OEM tires will wear quickly due to the soft compound. I'll likely replace them with a set of Avons or more appropriately some Z6 Metzelers since it's a German bike.

As for looking good I had a job interview so dressing up was mandatory. I was very fortunate as far as the accident was concerned and I took myself of the pain killers the next day. However, my right wrist is still smarting and my collar hasn't set yet. The doctor said the break was quite bad and it would be a while. Still, considering all that happened in August to me I'm doing well. People don't realize I have a broken collar until I tell them.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

We just got 2 BMW bikes for display in the lobby where I work and one is the K1200R witch I am assuming is about the same but a naked version of the S model. From what I hear they will really scream up the highway. The one we have came stock with the Metzeler Z6 tires..

Great looking ride!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny1877
            So now that you bought a BMW are you going to snob out and ignore us like all the other BMW riders out there?
            No ignoring from me. I look forward to still being part of the KatRider family.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

metrosexual!

for the love of god...NOT a beemer
              uberhoser

Comment

Tony,

That is one sweet ride! Can't wait until you can get out with us again!

Cheers,
                Chris
                "The only way out is through."

Comment

Originally posted by Bruzza
                  Tony,

That is one sweet ride! Can't wait until you can get out with us again!

Cheers,
                  Chris
                  Same here. I miss riding with you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                    Well, I got a pretty good deal on the bike (I think) due to the fact the 2007 models are just coming out and end of season is nearing. It's fully loaded (including centrestand)...
                    I guess that means (fully loaded) you got the electronic ride adjustment thingee too? (Cyber turns yet another shade of envy-green).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, I got a pretty good deal on the bike (I think) due to the fact the 2007 models are just coming out and end of season is nearing. It's fully loaded (including centrestand)...
                      I guess that means (fully loaded) you got the electronic ride adjustment thingee too? (Cyber turns yet another shade of envy-green).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Yes, I did but only because they didn't have any without it, although it does seem like a cool addition. Don't be too envious considering what the monthly payments are.

Comment

Yes, I did but only because they didn't have any without it, although it does seem like a cool addition. Don't be too envious considering what the monthly payments are.
                        Just remember, rather than winterize it, turn it over to me, and it will spend winters in warm, sunny Florida with zero chance of salted roads, or other potential damages that winter induces -- I'll even pay 60% of the monthlies for the months I have it...

Win-Win.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Woooooow You distracted me from your new bike...nice suit!

Very sweet ride..can't wait to try it out next season
                          Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Woooooow You distracted me from your new bike...nice suit!

Very sweet ride...you can drop it off at my house and I'll "mind" it for ya until you're all better
                            Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Just remember, rather than winterize it, turn it over to me, and it will spend winters in warm, sunny Florida with zero chance of salted roads, or other potential damages that winter induces -- I'll even pay 60% of the monthlies for the months I have it...

Win-Win.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

No, no, no, Tony!
                              70% of the monthlies and it can Winter With The Stars out here in SoCal!!!

Congrats! Great ride.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm

Win-Win.

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet

No, no, no, Tony!
                                70% of the monthlies and it can Winter With The Stars out here in SoCal!!!

Congrats! Great ride.
                                Hmm... this is going to be a tough choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X