X

tips for riding with passengers...?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips for riding with passengers...?

looking for tips for riding w/passengers. i did a quick search, and it didnt turn anything up. if theirs another thread for this, i'd appreciate a point in the right direction. beeing so new to riding, i wont be attempting to ride w/passengers for a little while, but for the future i'd like to get a heads up on how it works.

here's a couple of threads with some tips...

and

Long Live the D

Comment

d'oh, thanks man, i was searching w/the wrong words... prolly a good idea anyways for the whole slew of other new riders like me that just joined these forums to see this at the top anyways eh?

Comment

couldn't hurt...

Long Live the D

Comment

OMLY PUT FEMALES ON DA BAK!
          << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
          KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

yeah we got it KAOS...

There is a beginers forum..
            That is where all us old timers put words of wisdom
            for you young-uns

Comment

I was just practicing 2up with my wife. 1st time was not a charm, she was leaning all her weight on me, adjusting when we got to stops. It made me wonder how people could do long rides 2up. 2nd attempt went fantastic, we were out several hours. A few instructions and a couple rules and signals made a world of difference.
              Rule 1- don`t lean on me, arch your back to support yourself
              Rule 2-don`t adjust yourself without signalling me
              Yes the signals made it very enjoyable
              Signal 1-before I stop I tap her on her left leg, she then braces a hand on the centre of my back so her weight on me is lower and not on my shoulders.
              Signal 2-When I want to accelerate harder than normal, I tap her hand, then she can hug me
              Signal 3-When she needs to adjust her position at a stop, she taps me on the right side, I then put both feet down and make sure I`m well balanced
              Signal 4- For her to have input on the route while were moving, she`ll tap on either shoulder and point, I only need to look in the mirror to confirm her direction

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Originally posted by KAOS
                ONLY PUT THE LADIES ON DA BAK!
                that's a given

sirpsycho, good idea w/the signals. that is definately something i will impliment when i get into riding w/passengers.

Comment

I like the signal ideas too! will have to set that up with my fiance
                  I am not new to riding 2up, however my fiance has never been on a bike. those few basic rules will be a blessing on our first ride out.
                  I love my Kat!!
                  2000 burgandy 750

Comment

My tip to you is do not attempt riding two up until you are 100% comfortable riding alone. Having a passenger on the back makes a big difference. Make sure that you are ready for it. Remember that your passenger is just as likely to injured as you are so everyone should have the right gear on. (tzortn puts his soapbox away)

Comment

i appreciate all the great info. unfortunately we didnt get to spend anytime at all talking about it during the basic rider course (grazed over it w/a diagram and the triangle), but i'm hoping before the end of the summer to get myself enrolled in the basic rider course II (intermediate) and then maybe they will spend some time talking about riding 2 up in detail.

Comment

Remember your passenger needs to be educated and informed on how to properly ride 2up safely. Those threads and others give alot of good advice.

Comment

I preferred my girl pretend to be a sack of potatoes at first as well. I could better deal with what was perceived as the stationary weight of the bike. When the "weight of the bike" started moving around, it got hairy. I am gradually working her into moving with me. I have taken her to the Dragon and all the other motorcycling destination roads in that area and she loves, loves, loves railing. On our first pass on the Dragon she was screaming like she was on a roller coaster -- and I am not even close to the slowest of the fast riders up there. I think I will always remember that as the most fun I have ever had on a bike. Two-up is a great way to be close to your girl and share some really great experiences. Just make sure you, as mentioned, get her the right gear and make her wear it. It's only fair.

I think riding two-up really well is a product of mutual experience with each other. As you get to know each other on the bike, you both can become one with each other and then one with the bike.

Comment

Working...
                          X