X

Failed Inspection today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaltimoreHokie View Post
    yeah man ill do that. I ordered the parts but I think I am going to let the shop do the steering bearings. Ill take the front tire off and get it completed a lil cheaper and change out the rotor and brakes myself. I guess after its done its smooth sailing.

FYI....

NEVER (and make it very clear they understand and know this at the time of inspections when they start saying stuff like "yeah, this doesn't look good."...) Never take the bike to the same shop for the fixes/repairs that does the inspection.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      None of that is particularly difficult. The hardest job is the steering bearings. Getting the old bearing race out can be a bit of a pain and you have to hold the front end up with the forks off. Oh, and you've got to pull a bunch of stuff off the bike to get at them.

For the front tire, shop around to see how much tire mounting will cost you. It's ridiculous here in NJ ($82 per tire if I pull the wheels myself.) so I ended up learning to change them myself with the help of $45 worth of tools from Harbor Freight.

When you install the rotor, be sure you use some Lock-Tite on those bolts.
      Holy Crap ! 82 bucks a tire. I thought things were expensive in Canada. It's $45 a wheel here on the bike, mounted and balanced. Shop rate is $85 an hour, for labor though.
      Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

I figured it was their way of punishing me for buying my tires online. If I'd bought my tires at the shop the mounting would have been less but even then I would have paid about $100 more for two tires than it ended up costing me.

Besides, after you own the tools the next install is free!
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Working...
        X