X

question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question...

not too long ago i was having a issue with the rpms floating at 2500 when coming to a complete stop. today some guy told me that.. you can clean the carbs all you want if you don't clean the jets she is gonna run rough..so with that being said he told me about some fuel stabilizer and he also mention every once in a while run a half of gallon of fuel that higher than 93 (race fuel from a local gas station) to clean the jets out. that should do the trick or will it ???? curious....she is a 99 Katana GSXF 600, all stock except for the Yoshi exhaust she came with. thanks guys and girls for all your help and support.
    "Oh I will tag you back !!"

my bike wont start without the choke on. when it does start it wants to run up to 3 grand. so i have to quickly cut back on the choke once it does start. so a harley freind of mine says run sea foam in every tank . so i have for a while and the results are negligible. cant see any real time results . think im in for a carb rebuild soon. just my opinion. others may diagree and thats why we are here..
    im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Voltron View Post
      not too long ago i was having a issue with the rpms floating at 2500 when coming to a complete stop. today some guy told me that.. you can clean the carbs all you want if you don't clean the jets she is gonna run rough..so with that being said he told me about some fuel stabilizer and he also mention every once in a while run a half of gallon of fuel that higher than 93 (race fuel from a local gas station) to clean the jets out. that should do the trick or will it ???? curious....she is a 99 Katana GSXF 600, all stock except for the Yoshi exhaust she came with. thanks guys and girls for all your help and support.

So... I'm just curious... and maybe I'm way off here, but...

WTF does he think "cleaning the carbs" means???

I mean, seriously... It's like saying "You can wash your car all you want, but the hood won't be clean until you scrub it."

NO $#!! Sherlock...

Anyways... as nice as it sounds, higher octane won't clean your carbs. It also won't clean them better to use a fuel additive than it would be to actually disassemble and clean the right.

Basically... the dude(ette) or whom ever was talking out their arse.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post

So... I'm just curious... and maybe I'm way off here, but...

WTF does he think "cleaning the carbs" means???

I mean, seriously... It's like saying "You can wash your car all you want, but the hood won't be clean until you scrub it."

NO $#!! Sherlock...

Anyways... as nice as it sounds, higher octane won't clean your carbs. It also won't clean them better to use a fuel additive than it would be to actually disassemble and clean the right.

Basically... the dude(ette) or whom ever was talking out their arse.

Krey
        Yeah, all of the above. Nothing else to add.

Comment

Were you talking to this guy?
          Originally posted by buckw33t View Post
          okay today i took the carbs off and cleaned them right and good a new fuel filter....took the bowls each one cleaned them one by one....and took the top plastic caps then cleaned them one by one.....put it back together and started it....STILL BOGGING....so i noticed the fuel filter wont stay full...so the petcock valve is not allow enough fuel into the fuel rails......can that be a cause why is bogging and back/misfiring?

Comment

Race gas turns your katana into a hayabusa, are you sure you're ready for that?
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Oh no scotty.......I am not !!!! I just figured it may work or calm her down a bit. All I can say is if I need help, I turn to you guys no one else.. not to mention this guy was on a 2011 ZX -14..I have had the carbs cleaned once in the past 2 months i had her so....we shall see .
              "Oh I will tag you back !!"

Comment

Working...
              X