No announcement yet.
X

Looking for some honest advice/opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the 750's seat may be a bit longer. It certainly felt like it to me but then I rode on a Corbin for several years before I sold the 750 so...

Being used to a 750, when I sat on a friend's 600 it just felt really small and cramped to me. I'd have to take a look at the numbers but it's possible the steering geometry is a bit steeper on the 600 as well.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
      I think the 750's seat may be a bit longer. It certainly felt like it to me but then I rode on a Corbin for several years before I sold the 750 so...

Being used to a 750, when I sat on a friend's 600 it just felt really small and cramped to me. I'd have to take a look at the numbers but it's possible the steering geometry is a bit steeper on the 600 as well.

The top of the triples on any of the 600 vs 750s are different. The 750 has risers about 1-1.5" higher than the 600s. This would account for the difference in seating. I don't think the fork tubes on the post kats were different in length like they are on the pre kats. Pre kats have 11mm shorter tubes for the 600. Wouldn't take much to look it up, but don't have time atm to confirm that.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I would keep the bike you have and keep looking for fairings on Craigslist. Cleveland/Youngstown/Pitts isn't too far from you Then once I got the fairings you needed, You can paint or get them painted to what you want.. As for the 32k, like everyone else said.. You got plenty more to put on it... And even if you make it "yours" and the engine blows up in the future, then you'd just have to change the engine at that time. Good luck with anything you do.
        Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Working...
        X