X

Bike just clicks and wont start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike just clicks and wont start

so im having a problem.....i recenty bought a new solenoid cause the old one i had was bad...now my bike makes a clickig noise and wont turn at all when last week it turned and almost had it running and now it just clicks....i took the starter off cleaned it all up and tested it out and it works....i tried push starting it and and nothing wheels just lock up....can anybody give me any ideas as to what i can try next shoould i buy a new starter or what?

probably a weak battery. try jumping off from a NOT running car.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

+1. if it starts or at least turns over with a car battery, it's probably time to replace the battery. The Kat is very picky about battery voltage needed to start the bike.
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

did that already and went to test the baterry they said it was good pushing out 13.1. now it just click about once and stops no more clicking at all

Comment

Bah. Resting voltage means nothing. Have to check the voltage with a load on it! ALso, when you try and bump start it do it in 4th or 5th gear. If it still won't turn over, it's possible your cylinders are full of gas or water and it's hydro-locked.

Comment

nope not battery just bought a new one yesterday and nothing still just clicks and as soon as i let go of the button it spins the other way idk if you understand what im saying...what would i have to do if it is locked up like you say

Comment

Pull the spark plugs and see if it will roll over without them. If the cylinders are full of some fluid (gas) it's time for a carb and petcock rebuild.

Comment

so if the engine turns after i take the spark plugs out then there is fuel in there is what your saying right just wanna make sure? and if there is fuel in there then doing what will take it out? sorry if i sound repetetive just wanna make sure what im doing before i go messing everything all up

Comment

I'd be checking other electrical connections also for looseness / corrosion. Main power leads and earths to battery and starter would be a good place to ... well ... to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Moralesh23 View Post
                    so if the engine turns after i take the spark plugs out then there is fuel in there is what your saying right just wanna make sure? and if there is fuel in there then doing what will take it out? sorry if i sound repetetive just wanna make sure what im doing before i go messing everything all up
                    if there is fuel in the cyls be careful about spinning it over without disabling the ignition. no sparks.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Starter relay
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok got it to finally start now thanks alot guys took spark plugs out press the starter a couple times in quick burst and it started to turn but now its making a knocking noise and i imediatly shut it off should i take the plugs out and turn it some more just in case?

Comment

If your cylinders were full of fuel and it was hydro-locked, that means your crankcase is full of fuel or water too most likely. You need to change the oil if that's the case, and also find out where the fuel/water came from.

If it's fuel, you need to rebuild the carbs and petcock. If it's water, you need to figure out where it came from. If there was no liquid in the cylinders, I'd be looking under the valve cover for damaged or bent valves, loose timing chain, or valves out of adjustment as a place to start.

Comment

Working...
                          X