X

my hid problem -_-

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my hid problem -_-

well i bought me a hid kit from ebay and it wasnt what i wanted + every time i start my bike only 1 lightbulb would work so i figured i wasnt producing enough energy to have it run and when my bike was warmed up and idleing i think the bulbs were to strong and my bike kept dying, so i returned the set and got my money back, and my friend had order him self a kit from http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...-Kits-Lighting and it works perfect for him, but i am not sure wich set i need to order for a 99 kat since both of my lights are on at the same time, and instead of ordering the 55w should i order the 35w set? any help on this is appreciated! thanks

I got the 55w set up from them has been good, Life time warranty and now i get to see how well they stand behind it, Got the kit about a year ago and now one of the bulbs is changing color.
    The Dual kit is the one you want just make sure you get Hi/low bulbs.
    2005 Gsx600f- My baby
    1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
    Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

I am using the DDM stuff in my bandit and it works well
      The Bandit uses one bulb for low and one for high
      I never instaled the high beam unit because of warm up delay

I think mine is the 6000k color ,still white the higher you go changes the color to more blue
      Last edited by rexazz2; 06-17-2012, 10:30 AM.
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I've got a 35W kit and it works fine, 55W is overkill and obnoxious to oncoming traffic unless you put them in projectors. Make sure the HID bulbs you get have shrouds on the bottom of them so you actualy get a decent light pattern.

You should have a time delay relay on them though so the ballasts aren't getting power until the bike is actually running. The ballasts take a lot of juice at startup so it puts a lot of strain on the battery to run the starter and try to fire 2 ballasts at once.

Comment

unless you put them in projectors, HIDs are obnoxious to everyone, oncoming or from behind, and is a lot less useable light....and a lot more GLARE.

See My Garage for mods...
          T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
          Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

ic ic, yeah the set that i had before man it drained my battery hardcore, so these ballasts come with a timer delay?is that automaticly built in or do i have to adjust? and if i get the 55w will that drain my batter like crazy or is it just needed until bike is warmed up lets say

Comment

Originally posted by ludiboris View Post
              ic ic, yeah the set that i had before man it drained my battery hardcore, so these ballasts come with a timer delay?is that automaticly built in or do i have to adjust? and if i get the 55w will that drain my batter like crazy or is it just needed until bike is warmed up lets say
              No, ballasts run at 35W when they're up and running but have a substantial draw when first firing. That coupled with turning the starter can be more than the battery produce. This means your ballasts aren't getting enough juice and therefore aren't firing.

The time delay is something you'd have to add, no ballast that I'm aware of has a time delay built in. You'd have to go to an auto parts store, buy the time delay relay, then wire it in yourself.

I also agree with the comment about HID's being in projectors. The ones with the shroud underneath aren't bad for oncoming traffic but projectors really are the proper way to add HID lighting to any vehicle (plus the light output will be hugely better than just a drop in HID kit).

Comment

I am pretty sure mine are the 35W and are more than enough IMO
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                  unless you put them in projectors, HIDs are obnoxious to everyone, oncoming or from behind, and is a lot less useable light....and a lot more GLARE.
                  Agree 100% waiting for more money to do a nice retro job on the kat. Got an extra lamp asem so i can still ride
                  2005 Gsx600f- My baby
                  1989 Gsx600f - My hell raiser
                  Some times I take off one side of the fairings and ride around pretending I'm two face

Comment

Working...
                  X