• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
    This is mine. Owned since new.
    What's that shorty muffler on that?
    94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I'm in to see what ends up happening

Comment

So am I.
        Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks Its Head out of a car Window

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
          What's that shorty muffler on that?
          Can is regular size yosh from back in '84, the mid pipe is shortened at the rear of it three inches.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
            Can is regular size yosh from back in '84, the mid pipe is shortened at the rear of it three inches.
            I like how its compact

Comment

Originally posted by Simonref View Post
              Well I'm getting it for Free except the cost of hiring a Van to pick It up.The Engine will need Tearing Down as the Valves on one of the cylinders will have been open to the Water and Atmosphere for 15 Years,and will probably be rusted.Carbs as well, Hopefully the Electrics and Wiring Harness should be OK as the Canal was Fresh Water.The Engine is an Open ChequeBook,the Rest is mostly Time and Tracking down Parts.
              Free ain't good enough. Only way I would even think about putting the time and effort into it is if someone gave me the bike, plus a $1000 out of the kindness of their heart to get started. but seeing as that isn't likely, I would not even touch it. I am not even sure you would get enough out of it as a parts bike to even make it worth dragging it home them having to dispose of the rest.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but I got to be honest.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                Free ain't good enough. Only way I would even think about putting the time and effort into it is if someone gave me the bike, plus a $1000 out of the kindness of their heart to get started. but seeing as that isn't likely, I would not even touch it. I am not even sure you would get enough out of it as a parts bike to even make it worth dragging it home them having to dispose of the rest.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but I got to be honest.
                Errrmm ,you're way behind the Game, this is a Live Project,Rolling under Power by Easter,hopefully.

Comment

Good for you Simon, it's not always about the intrinsic value of things, if you want the bike then go for it - you can decide how much time and money you want to put into the project and it's you who'll enjoy the end result.

Big respect, Colin.
                  Carpe Jugulum...
                  1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

All in All,its cost about £1000 between My Brother in Law and Myself to get to a complete Kit of Parts, New Engine,the correct front end 16inch wheel,17 inch rear New Tyres,Bearings, New Shock Absorber,Powder coating Frame,new Tank,Carbs,Fairing,Re-Zincing all the Fasteners Bolts and assorted Mild steel Parts,Mufflers.
                    So Why.....,Its the Last Aircooled 4 Cylinder Suzuki,With Oil Cooling,the First Suzuki with Monoshock Adjustable Full Floater Suspension.Anti-dive Forks and substantial weight savings over the Previous Model.
                    Ok its not as desirable as the Katana,but I've never seen one in the UK.When I got it Home I thought "Simon Thats a Bag of C**p".My brother in Law Pete fell in Love with it,a Mega large spend on Ebay made things irreversible.When I sat on It I could see potential,Its small like a 250,light and Powerful,so I was sold.
                    When Its finished I can say "I did that",I will have put some of Myself into It and it will be unique,Nobody else wil have one like it.How many People can say That?
                    Sorry for the Rambling post I hope it goes some way to explain why Anybody would take on such a seemingly Lost Cause.
                    AT The End of the Day its about What Puts a Smile on Your face.
                    Last edited by Simonref; 12-18-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

That is my favorite Kat.
                      1983 Katana 750.
                      Last edited by blackie; 12-18-2013, 04:24 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blackie View Post
                        That is my favorite Kat.
                        1983 Katana 750.
                        ???????????????????????????????
                        GSX1000SZ-My Beloved Rat http://photobucket.com/GIABLO-MOTO 714-461-9607 [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Simonref View Post
                          All in All,its cost about £1000 between My Brother in Law and Myself to get to a complete Kit of Parts, New Engine,the correct front end 16inch wheel,17 inch rear New Tyres,Bearings, New Shock Absorber,Powder coating Frame,new Tank,Carbs,Fairing,Re-Zincing all the Fasteners Bolts and assorted Mild steel Parts,Mufflers.
                          So Why.....,Its the Last Aircooled 4 Cylinder Suzuki,With Oil Cooling,the First Suzuki with Monoshock Adjustable Full Floater Suspension.Anti-dive Forks and substantial weight savings over the Previous Model.
                          Ok its not as desirable as the Katana,but I've never seen one in the UK.When I got it Home I thought "Simon Thats a Bag of C**p".My brother in Law Pete fell in Love with it,a Mega large spend on Ebay made things irreversible.When I sat on It I could see potential,Its small like a 250,light and Powerful,so I was sold.
                          When Its finished I can say "I did that",I will have put some of Myself into It and it will be unique,Nobody else wil have one like it.How many People can say That?
                          Sorry for the Rambling post I hope it goes some way to explain why Anybody would take on such a seemingly Lost Cause.
                          AT The End of the Day its about What Puts a Smile on Your face.
                          Spoken like a true motor-head! Couldn't of said it better myself.

When I get a car, bike or whatever that I like I always end up putting way more time and money into it than its "worth". But its worth to me isnt based on money...it does however have a value to me. Like you said, bringing something back to life and making it your own brings a value of its own. The time and money will most likely never come back out of it if/when you sell it but the smiles and happiness it gives makes up for it.

but then again im not the most practical considering I just sold my car (that ive invested a few thousand into) for less than I could have sold my bike for lol.
                          Last edited by crazycraven420; 12-19-2013, 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[QUOTE=crazycraven420;2309614]Spoken like a true motor-head! Couldn't of said it better myself.

At Last a Kindred Spirit
                            On the Road for about £1200 split between My Brother in Law and Myself,So a Totally refurbed Bike for £600 each,now thats got to be a Good Deal Eh?, I could have gone out and bought another Bike,and sort it out as I go,but this Bike sort of Chose Me.As to Who gets to Ride It,I 've only got one Backside, but Two Bikes to put it on.
                            Last edited by Simonref; 12-19-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X