X

Fuel mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel mileage

Just out of curiosity what are you guys getting city, highway with what mods done to your bike.

highway: i don't care
    city: i don't care

lol

better than any of my cars

Comment

This is from a while ago, and not exactly what you asked for, but I figured I'd post it.

Originally Posted by Gytrdunkat
      I did a write up for another post. I have a 96 750 stock, it should be close. Here it is, using 87 octane...

I did a little experiment the last 2 tank fulls, partly due to this post, and I wanted to figure out how people are getting 50 MPG. I have a 96 750 (No performance mods), which skews the "600" post and the "50 MPG" mark, but take it as you will...

Setup. I drive about 110 miles per day, 95% backroads (55 mph speed limit), 5% in town (30 mph speed limit). I can provide the exact mileage that I got per tank if needed, but it clouds the real results. This is subject to a little error, due to not getting the tank to the "Exact" spot when figuring out mileage, but I attempted to get it to the as close as possible (bottom of rim, no burp, held up with my legs when filling). I did the test on Full tanks due to the margin of error being smaller with a larger volume of fuel. Here are the results.

1st Tank, Drive like I normally do (I'll leave that to your imagination), 42.906 MPG

2nd Tank, No more than 62 indicated, nothing past 6k rpm shifting, 48.717 MPG

At $3.14, that's 7.3 Cents Per Mile and 6.4 Cents Per Mile respectively.

At 180 Miles per tank, that saves me about $1.62 per tank.

Carry on. I reserve the right to revoke this statement if my math is wrong

Originally... http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...hlight=mileage
      Quoted....... http://katriders.com/vb/newreply.php...eply&p=1297727

The "180" miles per tank is about as far as I will take the tank down, and I normally fill it sooner (I based these numbers off of the amount of fuel, not tank size. I can't remember the amount of fuel used, but about a full tank). I haven't found how far the tank will actually go, but I don't want to. I really don't want all the nasty bits in the bottom of the tank to mess up the carbs. 180 is pushing it, farther than I like. I think you may be using the wrong numbers for the size of your tank to come up with 30 mpg.

Hope this helps.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Last tank I measured was 36 or 38 mpg, 50/50 hi, city. Some hiway miles were 90-95 mph. Just RS-3, stock timing.

I'll post back on this tank at 5 degrees advance.
        Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
        '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
        '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
        '11 Kawasaki KLR650
        I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

re: gas milage

i'm not 100% on the ks per ltr v's miles per gallon but i did get 5ltrs per 100k that was stock 2000 750. I'm getting the beast re jetted at the moment, as i've just put in the k&n so not sure how it will go now apart from faster with less fuel efficiency lol
          sigpictime to get off the board and on the bike

Comment

I'm getting about 40 mpg, mostly highway speeds. check garage for mods
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Stock, I average 45 mpg on an 02 600. I'll probably get better when I get everything tuned up this spring.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

I never even thought of figuring fuel mileage. My bike is for fun, could care less about mileage. My vw diesel is for mileage....45 MPG in city!

Comment

getting 35 to 45 in City....and 45-55 Highway....Hence 20 Highway and 17 city on my truck

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glimas View Post
                    I never even thought of figuring fuel mileage. My bike is for fun, could care less about mileage. My vw diesel is for mileage....45 MPG in city!

With gas at $3.19 a gallon, my bike is now being used for more than fun. I'm getting everything primed for slightly warmer weather when the bike becomes my full-time commuter. 45-50 mpg on the bike is MUCH better than the 20-22 in the cage.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

I get about 38-40 mpg when driving carefully. A wee bit less when I'm driving with a little more energy

Comment

my 91 is right at 47-49mpg each and every tank, unless I got stuck in traffic for an extended period of time.

That's with stock jetting, post 98 600 header, Scorpion slip on, stock airbox / filter, and an ignition advancer.

I figure I'll lose some mpg with the 750 swap...but who cares...it's still double what my truck gets...

Comment

My '04 600 got around 40-45 mpg (RS3 slip on, stock otherwise)

I don't know what my 750 will do yet. Probably worse...
                          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

I don't know exactly how many miles I get. I figure it is around 45mpg. One thing is for sure though, it gets way better gas mileage than anything else I own
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Hm...I ride mine everywhere I can, so lots of combined city and highway mileage.

Let's see: '06 Kat 750, bone stock. I vary my riding considerably from gentle town riding to hitting highway speedlimits in first gear before shifting up. From November 8th I've put 10,000 kms on the bike (6,000 miles, near enough) and kept pretty good records of mileage over that time.

In the last 33 tank-fills recorded, I've averaged:

262 kms (163 miles) to reserve with some short fills;
                              5.7L / 100 km (49.3 miles / IMPERIAL gallon; 41 miles per US gallon)
                              High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X