X

Official Street Fighter Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuzukiKat08 View Post
    I wouldnt mind doing this to my 2000 kat.. i just dont have a clue on what or how i could do it... plus i dont have a lot of money to be putting into my bike...:smt006
    I'm starting on my 2000 Kat myself. I'm re-doing it from the ground up (hopefuly) Transmission locked on me a while ago so I think I'm tearing the engine apart and re-building it as new as possible.

My biggest concern (so far) is how I'm gonna put a 2004 GSXR 1000 tail on it, I've PM'ed some guys here with no response as of yet. I know it has to be welded on but do I absolutely have to use the same Gixxer subframe? I guess we'll see. I'll keep you guys up dated as I go, wish me luck.

Comment

Sorry about the stolen bike.
      But it was a awesome looking
      Streetfighter

Comment

yeah how and where do u find the talis and seats?
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
          yeah how and where do u find the talis and seats?
          Ebay.

People have had good luck with the R tails. Either due to availability or fitment I'm not sure which...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

Either due to availability or fitment I'm not sure which...
            Neither nor I guess.

If you want to put another tail on a Katana you will find yourself asking a LOT off questions, in my own experience it's the most_demanding mod one can do to a Katana.

First off all be aware there is all kind off shiat located behind the lowers which will look like crap once exposed, relocating that stuff will be not that hard, finding/making a good well-accessable place for the CDI, fusebox and (prolly) a gel-battery is harder. (I did relocate everything into the seat)
            Second there's absolutely nothing bolt-on available for the Katana, so modding the frame or (imho MUCH better and easier) fabbing a chrome-molybdeen custom subframe will be the next "problem" you'll encounter, so either know REALLY how to use a (TIG)welder or know somebody REALLY experienced in wellding. (remember your life is at stake here)
            Third you'll find yourself in need off another saddle, asking yourself if you really want to keep or give up duo-rideability, which will bring you towards the last big issue, the tank-indents and since we're talking streetfighter (I guess) remodeling the complete tank.

At last guess you did understand allready but nonetheless there is no such thing as a harder or easier tailconversion, they all need the same amount off work. (that's except for katana to katana conversions)

Comment

????? custom gauge cluster?????

i need a way to mount a tach, speedo, and hopfully my fuel gauge.... on my "katfighter" .... not to mention all those little leds for highbeams and oil and what ever else is there... kinda like black_peter did... but i have no idea how to do that...

and the tail subframe ....would it be easier to put a +98 tail on a 94 than to fabricate one or is that a possibility?
              Last edited by il_ragazzo; 11-14-2007, 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

Why not adapt an existing cluster?

Comment

adapt existing cluster?

what do you mean?? just cut it up and remount it some how?...
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

get a cluster on eBay..
                    Most gauges are the same size so if they look right they most likely are..
                    Fit the kat gauges in there and wire up the eBay cluster lights.. I made mine out of a piece of scrape plastic and a hand saw...

Comment

this is my first streetfighter so bear with me here....

yeah im going to use my original guages i just have to find a way to hold them in place.... you have yours bolted/ rivited to a piece of metal coming from the fork/ ignition /handle bar bracket right? ... did u have to replace your handle bars because of this or does it matter? because my bars (stock) are bolted into where your gauge bracket mounts... ??? so will i still beable to use a bracket such as yours or will i have to change my bars to clipons? sorry to ask so many dumb questions....
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

OK,
                        I have a lot of stuff hanging around from my 20+ years in industry.
                        So my shed has some pretty interesting "scrap".

I have two aluminum blocks bolted to the underside of the top tree. I used the holes for the 600 clip ons (I have a 750) because they were there. You could use long screws. Then I hand bent some bars to hold the gauge plate.

Comment

ahhhh .....pretty slick there...

ok so really all i need is a peice of custom metal that will bolt on to the triple tree with longer bolts and a peice of plastic for astetics? thats awesome help right there.... now.... where was that aluminum shop??

thanx!
                          ill get some pics up by december... and by december i ment july ...and by july i mean august i actually have pics now but im zazy and no one will ever see this post in this tread again so when i get arounf to it ill post a new thread prolly when the bike is completely done.
                          Last edited by il_ragazzo; 05-13-2009, 08:42 PM.
                          Tony
                          94 Katana 600

Comment

If it helps my first version was just attached using aluminum angle that I cut down. Again using a wood saw..

I can maybe transfer the AutoCAD template int a JPG of the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by katgozoom View Post
                              Has anyone dealt with these people?: http://www.aztec8.com/catalog/i37.html

I'm shopping for headlights/turn signals etc. for a streetfighter conversion of a 92 Kat and I liked the double 4" headlight setup they had. I know others have used Flyncycle.com for parts but anybody know "aztec8"?.
                              Yes, I have dealt with them. Quick shipping and good prices. I too went with the dual 4" headlights w/ brackets. Good product and I would recommend them.
                              91 Galant VR4 #627/2k
                              94 Katana 750 "Streetfighter"

Comment

Guage mount

I have a 2001 750 SF totally rat rod though, but what i would do is make a plate using the yoke bolts as B_P said. If you are worried about changing out your handlebars to some renthal ones its really eay and cheap. I bought, from the bay, a set of VN800 risers and used the rear bolt holes for the yoke and ran longer bolts through the risers locating them there. I have had them on my bike that way for about two years now and they work great. The only other modification that I had to do was make longer cables which was a very big trial and error thing but I actually did rather wuickly. I wish I could have bougt some ut I have never built a bike so I used what I could find locally. Also check out aussie streetfighters nasty bikes there.
                                " Rats get fat, while Real men die "

Comment

Working...
                                X