X

Kick / Side Stand Foot / Feet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick / Side Stand Foot / Feet

I have noticed some adventure bikes with add-on feet that clamp over the existing foot of the side stand.

Does anyone know of one that would fit the Katana / GSX600F?

I noticed that the bottom of my stand is getting pretty scratched, so would like to spray it & then keep it nice.

Can tell it's a slow news day, this is me second call for advice today.

Thanks,

Gareth

There isn't really any cosmetic reason to adding something to the bottom of your side stand. Whatever you add on there will just look clumsy and get scratched up, itself. The ADV riders do it to have a larger contact surface so their stands don't dig into soft ground when they park the bike off pavement. Sometimes you have the same problem if you park on hot asphalt, too. I've come back out to my bike to find the stand dug in an inch or so and a big gouge in the pavement. The solution is to carry something to put on the ground under the side stand. In a pinch, a smashed soda or beer can works well.

Here's what I use: https://www.denniskirk.com/507261.sk...utm_medium=cse
    I got mine free from a local dealer which showed at a rally a few years ago. So far, I've been really good about remembering to pick it up before I ride away.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Ya, I've seen em while investigating the KTM 1190.

you need to spend more time riding and less time cleaning.
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

+1 on the beer can under sidestand idea, has come in very handy before.

Comment

not to mention the side stand comes right up between your peg an shifter so you dont want anything bulky getting in the way
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            Sometimes you have the same problem if you park on hot asphalt, too
            Not in Wales, you don't.
            Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

I like the can idea

Comment

After letting my bike move off it's side stand a couple weeks ago, and yesterday seeing it sink at least an inch into the pavement (hot in Texas!), no way am I going to trust my bike to a can!

I know several of you guys here post using cans, but I'm gonna go with a plastic pad.

I forgot how the Kat's lean, and my 750F is not as light as I'd like it to be. :-/

I'm freaking out everytime I get off it now. (I know, can use centerstand...but I don't unless I'm working on it)
                Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
                Ride: 2002 750F Kat
                "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

The advantage of the can vs plastic is that the can won't get soft and let the stand push through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                    The advantage of the can vs plastic is that the can won't get soft and let the stand push through it.
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by garethpn View Post
                      I noticed that the bottom of my stand is getting pretty scratched, so would like to spray it & then keep it nice.
                      Your worried about the BOTTOM of the stand getting scratched up?

Thats called being used for it intended purpose!

Comment

Originally posted by skjeflo View Post
                        Your worried about the BOTTOM of the stand getting scratched up?

Thats called being used for it intended purpose!
                        somehow I didnt catch that....

Comment

Head over to your local box hardware store and pickup an electrical box cover for 50 cents.

Attach a piece twine to the electrical cover and loop it around your left bar, clutch lever.

Before you start the bike, real in the line and cover and stick it in your pocket... simple enough.

Originally posted by Circuitmage View Post
                          After letting my bike move off it's side stand a couple weeks ago, and yesterday seeing it sink at least an inch into the pavement (hot in Texas!), no way am I going to trust my bike to a can!

I know several of you guys here post using cans, but I'm gonna go with a plastic pad.

I forgot how the Kat's lean, and my 750F is not as light as I'd like it to be. :-/

I'm freaking out everytime I get off it now. (I know, can use centerstand...but I don't unless I'm working on it)
                          2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                          2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                          1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                          1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                          1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by Circuitmage View Post
                            ...no way am I going to trust my bike to a can!...
                            From one southern boy to another, a can works and it's easy to replace if you ride away without it. The only reason why I've got the plastic puck is that it was given to me. Before that I used cans and they worked just fine in New Mexico, Texas (Houston and Wichita Falls) and Arkansas.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                              Head over to your local box hardware store and pickup an electrical box cover for 50 cents.

Attach a piece twine to the electrical cover and loop it around your left bar, clutch lever.

Before you start the bike, real in the line and cover and stick it in your pocket... simple enough.
                              not that I have the need or desire but that's a pretty neat idea assuming your referring to the metal outlet covers or block off plate.

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                              From one southern boy to another, a can works and it's easy to replace if you ride away without it. The only reason why I've got the plastic puck is that it was given to me. Before that I used cans and they worked just fine in New Mexico, Texas (Houston and Wichita Falls) and Arkansas.
                              an that gives you a reason to have beer cans in your backpack ....
                              Last edited by crazycraven420; 09-28-2013, 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X