X

My new Suzuki SFV650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good!

Where did you take the pics under the highway?
    1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Man, the bike looks like fun to ride. How does the power compare with the Kat?
      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by exc911ence View Post
        Looking good!

Where did you take the pics under the highway?
        The pics are taken on McKenna Casey Rd... which makes that the 416 above. Nice spot for pictures given my choice of profession...

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
        Man, the bike looks like fun to ride. How does the power compare with the Kat?
        This bike has about 30hp less than my Kat, but the only place I really noticed it was on the Cherohala Skyway this year when I was trying to keep up with the 750's and 1000's. I noticed myself changing between 3 and 4 a lot when I would have just been in fourth on the Kat.

On the dragon, however, the new one is the superior machine. The torque is available at almost any RPM!
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
          The pics are taken on McKenna Casey Rd... which makes that the 416 above. Nice spot for pictures given my choice of profession...

You a Professional Troll now? Ha! Get it? Living under a bridge? Ha!

No one understands me...

Dave

Comment

I want one of these or the Honda FC-51

Comment

Your picture turned out better than mine...

Dave

Comment

Ahh... you were up in my neck of the woods and you didn't even text?

Next time, park the bike between the bridges for better foreground lighting. I also took those pictures at dusk so the sky would be less bright.

sigpic

Comment

Ahh... you were up in my neck of the woods and you didn't even text?

Next time, park the bike between the bridges for better foreground lighting. I also took those pictures at dusk so the sky would be less bright.
                  I was going to, but the sun was between the spans and therefore facing the camera. I took a couple of shots the other direction but all I got was a photo of my bike in front of a grassy mound. Meh.

I would have called, but it was last Friday and I assumed that nobody else was taking the day off to go riding. No deliberate snub intended.

Dave

Comment

And now it's time to trade in for the 2013 Barry Sheen Edition!

Dave

Comment

I do like the chin spoiler...

And the color scheme isn't bad considering they are actually using more black instead of silver on the non-body bits.

sigpic

Comment

Well, Dexter, you SOB... You were my inspiration to go to the dark side. I bought a Gladius yesterday. It's the black/silver one. Plans are:

Tail tidy
                        Hugger
                        Renthal Ultra Lows or drag bar
                        Frame plastic delete
                        Sliders
                        Maybe another pipe at some point

Thought you'd like to know that you now have a fellow Gladius rider on here!

PS- I still have the Kat

Comment

SGood stuff! Just know if you plan to put low bars or clip ons on the Gladius, don't ride around with the stock setup for too long before you do. Going from the upright position back down again, you'll always feel like something isn't right. I say this from my own experience, and the shared experience of other Gladius owners who have made the switch.

Other than that, trust me you're going to love this thing, especially if you find yourself dodging city traffic often like I do.

Congrats! And be sure to post some pics!
                          Last edited by Dexter; 11-03-2012, 12:19 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Congrats! And be sure to post some pics!
                            I pretty much fell in love with the bike after rolling about 100ft out of the parking lot. The V twin motor is just awesome. So much low end torque and so smooth throughout the whole RPM range.

I hear you about the bars. It felt really weird the first couple days riding in the new position. Now that Im used to it, Im sure it will take some getting used to when I switch bars. Still trying to decide which one I want to go with but I think Im going to start with the drag bar since you can pick one up for about $25. If I dont like that, I can switch back or try something else and not be out too much money. Plus, that will give me an idea if I want to go lower, not as low, or what.

Here is the pic:

Comment

I think you'll find the seat to be a bit more comfortable (relatively speaking, of course) with the lower bars. I think the steep angle of the tail section comes from the first gen SV frame geometry. I put a Corbin on mine and it's much better now.

sigpic

Comment

I think you'll find the seat to be a bit more comfortable (relatively speaking, of course) with the lower bars. I think the steep angle of the tail section comes from the first gen SV frame geometry. I put a Corbin on mine and it's much better now.
                                The seat needs some work, for sure. This may be TMI and if it is, Im sorry, but I dont wear underwear and Ill tell ya, the boys get cramped pretty badly from constantly sliding forward on the seat. Ive given some thought to pulling the cover back and trying to shape the foam to be a little flatter. Before I do that, though, Im going to order a set of tank grips to try to hold on better with my knees and see if that helps, at all. Im thinking it will help some, at least. The question is HOW MUCH will it actually help?

Ive looked in to a Corbin and it is definitely on my "wish list". I just cant fork out ~$400, right now, with the Katana, a 350z, and a truck that Im getting ready for winter all in my stable. Haha.

I am yet to start changing anything on the G, yet. For now, Im just leaving it all stock and enjoying it for what it is... and I am enjoying the **** out of it!

Comment

Working...
                                X