X

fuel mileage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel mileage

hey does anyone know why i would only be getting like 25 miles per gallon on a 02 750 katana i can only ride for a little over 100 miles before having to get more gas and the dealer is telling me i should be getting like 200 miles per tank had the carbs redone by dealer bike runs get just not on gas please help chain is a little loose but was told thats not the cause any ideas would be helpfull thank you in advance

Is that 100 miles until you reach the E mark or until she sputters and you switch to reserve?

Do you have stock size sprockets? tire pressures good?
    Kyle

Comment

You have float(s) leaking fuel that should not be.... so you have excessive fuel flowing out of the carbs not being metered by the air flow or jets.

Pull the fuel line off and blow on it... if you can push air through it, you got a problem that needs fixed.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

yes its the stock sprocket and tire pressure is good and its 106 miles on average before i have to turn to reserve

Comment

thanks guys but the dealer was wrong i asked another dealer and looking at specs online and my kat should get between 36 and 45 mpg gallon and i am getting around 37 because its about 3 gallons on 106 miles

Comment

Originally posted by earl12758 View Post
            thanks guys but the dealer was wrong i asked another dealer and looking at specs online and my kat should get between 36 and 45 mpg gallon and i am getting around 37 because its about 3 gallons on 106 miles

37 is really low. Closer to mid/high 40s should be easily attainable.

Still think you have a slight float leak issue or something.

Regularly get 45+mpg on my 93 750.

Krye
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i got 44-45 on my 98 750 with FP stage 1 today. and i hit reserve about 3.8 gals[170 miles]
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                Is that 100 miles until you reach the E mark or until she sputters and you switch to reserve?

Do you have stock size sprockets? tire pressures good?

I never really took note to how far i can make it to bare *** empty. I normally fill up when it starts to hit the red (120 Miles). So this bike can go alot further when in red? How much further? I am planning on a loooonnngg trip and would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by 96Kat75085 View Post
                  I never really took note to how far i can make it to bare *** empty. I normally fill up when it starts to hit the red (120 Miles). So this bike can go alot further when in red? How much further? I am planning on a loooonnngg trip and would like to know.

If you have a non CA model tank, it holds more than 5 gallons. CA tank is like 4.8 gallons.

Reserve will use all but maybe a cup full of gas.

So... the answer is your mpg X 4.5 gallons (playing it safe, time to fill up now) = total mileage per full tank you can go before you should be pulling into the gas station.

krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X