X

Front end shaking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end shaking

I just noticed today on way home, while approaching a red-light I let go of the handle bars like I have done many times and when the bike hit 50 to 45 mph (slowing down) the front end started shaking really bad, then once past 40 mph it smoothed out! Any possibilities to what the problem is!

Also the front end doesn't shake if u are even barely touching the handlebars!
    99 Ford F150 4x4
    04 Mustang GT
    2010 Camaro SS
    06 GSX600F
    sigpic

loose or notchy steering bearings. if you can just barely touch the bars and stop the shake its the bearings out of adjustment or worn.

it is possible to be tire pressure or worn tire to or even a couple other things, but it will usually try to fight you instead of being steady with slight weight on the bars. That is a classic sign if the bearings out of adjustment

I would buy an all balls kit for the steering bearing and set it up with the proper preload. that will provide the front end with the restriction/resistance needed.
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Where are these bearings located? How do u adjust them! Or do you just replace them?
      99 Ford F150 4x4
      04 Mustang GT
      2010 Camaro SS
      06 GSX600F
      sigpic

Comment

also check front wheel for trueness.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Now I take it up the road, without helmet, and notice when I am giving it some throttle there is a bad rattling type noise coming from the left side it stops when I let off! Chain is not loose, is in alignment! Sounds kinda like it's coming from the gear area! Could my gears be getting worn? Or need a new sproket? Has 35,000 miles and have only replaced the chain! If it ain't 1 thing it's another
          99 Ford F150 4x4
          04 Mustang GT
          2010 Camaro SS
          06 GSX600F
          sigpic

Comment

Anyone?
            99 Ford F150 4x4
            04 Mustang GT
            2010 Camaro SS
            06 GSX600F
            sigpic

Comment

If it has 35,000 miles and you've never replaced the sprockets maybe it is bout time??? Chains and sprockets should be replaced at the same time.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

But could the sprockets be making the chattering type noise coming from that area???
                Don't really know what a worn sprocket would sound like!
                99 Ford F150 4x4
                04 Mustang GT
                2010 Camaro SS
                06 GSX600F
                sigpic

Comment

uhm this isnt anything new to me. Im not seeing this as a problem , anyone I know that has let go of the handle bars wil sometimes get a wobble. new or old baring / bike doesnt matter.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Try lubing your chain first, and then check chain alignment.
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by csjcsj View Post
                      Now I take it up the road, without helmet, and notice when I am giving it some throttle there is a bad rattling type noise coming from the left side it stops when I let off! Chain is not loose, is in alignment! Sounds kinda like it's coming from the gear area! Could my gears be getting worn? Or need a new sproket? Has 35,000 miles and have only replaced the chain! If it ain't 1 thing it's another
                      my quess is you could floss your teeth with that counter sprocket.

Comment

Working...
                      X