Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Rear wheel spins with clutch pulled in, is that normal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wheel spins with clutch pulled in, is that normal?

Bike's on the centerstand, started the bike, the rear wheel was spinning slowly - is that normal or do i need to adjust my clutch?

Thanks!

If its slow then yeah. It's from energy being transferred through the oil. When you're bike is on the ground you won't feel a thing.
    '98 GSX750F SOLD
    Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

Yup, it's slow, I don't notice it when it's on the ground. Thanks!

Comment

when the oil is cold the wheel turns a bit , when the oil gets to working temp it should stop.
        2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by jamesm113 View Post
          Bike's on the centerstand, started the bike, the rear wheel was spinning slowly - is that normal or do i need to adjust my clutch?

Thanks!
          I noticed the same thing when I rebuilt my engine. Had it mounted on the stand and fired it up. The driveshaft was slowly spinning along - freaked me out that something had to be wrong until I put my hand on the shaft and it stopped spinning.
          1988 GSX1100F - moving under its own power! Final assembly, carb balancing, etc.

Getting closer!!!

Comment

Polished my rim lips, front was a pain but the back was easy on the new center stand I bought. Put a fan at the front of the engine, kicked her into 1st gear and held the sandpaper to the rim lip. 15 min. tops.

Comment

Pain,

Just don't clean your chain with the bike running in gear. There was post on the forum about a guy cleaning a gixxer chain and his fingers when through the sprocket under the chain, mangled fingers.:bunny2
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                Pain,

Just don't clean your chain with the bike running in gear. There was post on the forum about a guy cleaning a gixxer chain and his fingers when through the sprocket under the chain, mangled fingers.:bunny2
                That's how I do it, every time. Risky, yes...but field expedient. And I'm not running over with patience.
                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog View Post
                  Pain,

I remember that post, they named him Stumpy after that incident.
                  Originally posted by arsenic
                  93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

ouch that sucks.

my bike was still spinning after the engine was warm

Comment

mike does the same thing... even after warm...

Comment

Even when warm it all depends on the viscosity of the oil at that time, so different oils could make the difference. It's not going to hurt anything.
                        '98 GSX750F SOLD
                        Looking for project bike back in Jersey.

Comment

Working...
                        X