X
X

Rear Hugger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=philwecksr;1462376]Being designed off a 98+ 600. After I make it I'll see what all it will mount up to. I'd assume it will mount to all 98+ Kats, as I think the swingarm length difference is towards the pivot point, not an extension beyond the mountint points I'd be using.

Will yours be able to clear a 170/60R17? Does anyone know if the powerbronze hugger will clear a 170?

Thanks, Rob

[quote=robforton;1757456]
    Originally posted by philwecksr View Post
    Being designed off a 98+ 600. After I make it I'll see what all it will mount up to. I'd assume it will mount to all 98+ Kats, as I think the swingarm length difference is towards the pivot point, not an extension beyond the mountint points I'd be using.

Will yours be able to clear a 170/60R17? Does anyone know if the powerbronze hugger will clear a 170?

Thanks, Rob
    How do you guys get the little grey box to show up when answering...the quote thing?

[quote=robforton;1757456][quote=philwecksr;1462376]Being designed off a 98+ 600. After I make it I'll see what all it will mount up to. I'd assume it will mount to all 98+ Kats, as I think the swingarm length difference is towards the pivot point, not an extension beyond the mountint points I'd be using.

Thanks, Rob

Originally posted by robforton View Post
    How do you guys get the little grey box to show up when answering...the quote thing?
    Hehe, I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by robforton; 07-02-2009, 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Being designed off a 98+ 600. After I make it I'll see what all it will mount up to. I'd assume it will mount to all 98+ Kats, as I think the swingarm length difference is towards the pivot point, not an extension beyond the mountint points I'd be using.

As for pre98's, md86 has a pre98 750 and I'll see if I can fit it up to his. Again, if it fits one engine size, I think it will fit the other. It doesn't appear that the swing arm changed much one year to the next, with the exception of where the brake caliper mounts (top on pre98, bottom on 98+).

I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out though...
      Hey Phil - still planning to offer these huggers?
      '07 Yamaha FJR1300
      '05 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by BrianT View Post
        Hey Phil - still planning to offer these huggers?

I'd like to... the project fell to the wayside at this point... Look for it again come winter, stupid Iowa snow will give me plenty of time indoors...
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Sounds Kool to me Phil.. I am definately interested
          sigpic

Comment

It seems to me there is a large gap in the market in regards to pre-98 parts. Even if someone offered "pre-modded" sv/bandit huggers there would be money to capitalize on... for what it's worth
            For sale thread Album
            1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

Let me know if you ever come up with a pre Kat hugger. I want one and dont think I have the ability to make one.

Comment

That would be a great project wouldn't it!
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
                Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
                R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
                1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
                RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
                3BBB turn signal mirrors,
                Black painted seat and rear trim,
                Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
                  Let me know if you ever come up with a pre Kat hugger. I want one and dont think I have the ability to make one.

just use a bandit 600, sv650 or post98 hugger. a few of us pre98 guys are using those huggers
                  Chrome Project Part 1
                  http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Excellent. Thank you. I am still considering an SSSA conversion though.

Comment

No, I don't have one. No, I don't have one to sell.... yet

Anybody who DOES have one, can you get me some measurements when convenient?

How thick is the material that the hugger is made of? 1/16"? 1/8"? 1/4"? 1/2" (good lord that would be huge)?

Also, how much clearance is there between the tire and the hugger?
                      I made one myself, if you would like me to send it to you, I will. I'm going to remake it. Oops, mine is for a ore or (>) not (<) .
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

2010 called, I think that Phill sold his bike
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                        X