X

Frozen seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen seat

Took my bike to work on Friday when it was cold and frosty, there was a good coating of frost all over the bike.

Got her started up, left her idling for a minute or two while I got the frost off the mirrors, lights etc. I didn't bother clearing the seat as my gear would keep me dry as it melted.

Got to work, finished work, got back to the bike and oh dear - there is a good six inch tear in the cover. Foam is still ok. Guess the vinyl finally gave up after 14 years and being frozen stiff.

Guess who will be re-covering a seat soon

Sorry to hear that.
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

got same problem. graveyard shift. LoL
      Yes, I went home with wet pants and it made my gf laughed so hard. lol
      Everyday before I get off from work I always remind myself to take some napkins with me. :bunny2

Comment

it's not hard to do, you could probably even find a youtube a how to.
        Kyle

Comment

Lol. I know the feeling. I get off around midnight most nights and have a wet seat probably 3 out of 5 nights right now. Not frozen yet though...but that's probably not too far away.
          And my poor seat has looked like hell for a good 6 months now. One 6" tear along the right seam, and a quickly growing 3 inch tear along the rear seam. Poor girl deserves better but I'm intending on moving on to a Corbin saddle altogether so keep putting off doing anything else about it. I've seen plenty of new seat covers going for around $50 on eBay and several rights ups in here on how to make your own. I believe a member on here also does them professionally. Unfortunately I don't remember his handle but his work looks good from the pics he's posted.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X