X

Neutral and the wheel spins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral and the wheel spins?

When I put my bike in the rear stand and its in neutral and the motor runs, the rear wheel spins.

This isn't normal right? I can shift fine and stuff. Sometimes on the NOT engine (gas up), I'm in gear and I hold in the clutch to start and the bike lurches for a second.

It's normal as in the wheel will stop if you appiy the rear brake.
    The lurch can be down to a too fast idle speed,it should be about 1200 rpm
    Mine does clunk if I don't give a second after pulling the lever and engage the gear.
    Possible a slight clutch adjustment is order of the day..
    I'm outa here

Comment

Yeah it stops after applying the rear brake, and then it starts back up again.

I adjusted the clutch a little the other day so I haven't noticed it lurching yet but in due time I'll see.

I just thought maybe there was maybe a little too much drag or something because when I go to try to start it up (even at NOT), it cranks but slower than my previous bike (98 previously, 2000 current). At that rate, it killed my 1yr old battery

Comment

Originally posted by acidice333 View Post
        Yeah it stops after applying the rear brake, and then it starts back up again.

I adjusted the clutch a little the other day so I haven't noticed it lurching yet but in due time I'll see.

I just thought maybe there was maybe a little too much drag or something because when I go to try to start it up (even at NOT), it cranks but slower than my previous bike (98 previously, 2000 current). At that rate, it killed my 1yr old battery

It's a wet clutch. This means the clutch plates sits in oil. The vicsocity of the oil will cause drag on the plates even though they are not compressed to grip each other. This will transfer small amount of power to the wheel. It's normal.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

this happens to me also but only when engine and oil are cold, when hot it doesnt.
          like Krey said could be viscosity of oil. dont sweat about it.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X