Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Please helpTail, gauge, license plate, 3rd headlight cutting on and off.. Help please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please helpTail, gauge, license plate, 3rd headlight cutting on and off.. Help please

I have a '99 katana 750. New battery last year 100% fine. I was driving back on a 3 hour trip last weekend and as it got dark I noticed my gauge lights weren't on. I pulled off the highway to find that also my license plate light wasn't working and my tail light was out. Headlights worked but high beam wasn't working at first. Now is. But also the 3rd light above the headlights wasn't working. The break lights work. This isn't a constant problem. They seem to work then not work. If I'm driving and they cut out sometimes if I'll hit the horn or break they'll come back on. Not always though. I've looked over all wiring and can't see anything broken and fuses are all good. Haven't checked grounds but that's next. I'm so lost on this and can't find anyone that's had similar problems.

Loose connection under the tank or gauges.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Just riding tonight going to a meet and they cut out again on the highway. One of the guys ridin with me said when I hit a bump they'll flash on.

I don't have the wires hooked up on my tank for the gas gauge. What other wires are hooked under the tank other than the wire harness running by it?
      Last edited by KATRIDERZ; 04-16-2015, 08:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

First thing I would do is check all connections (turn key on and wiggle/jiggle the wire harness in multiple areas to see if that makes the lights go out). Sounds like a bad connection that is causing your problem, could even be in the fuse block itself.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Got it fixed. Couple burnt wires under the dash at the two clips. Fixed thank you for your help guys.

Comment

Let me guess, it was one of these?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
            X