X

Can this be repaired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be repaired?

So I read just about every thread that popped up when I searched but couldn't find anything other than the side stand sensor's effect on starting the bike.

Here's my question: Can this be repaired or does it need to be replaced?

If so can anyone post a pic of theirs as reference? My manual doesn't specify which wires go where, just that they're green and black.

Hope it can be fixed. The only one I can find one eBay is $100 and that seems steep. >.<
    And from what I read in a few threads, bypassing is a bad idea.
    '88 Suzuki GSX1100F streetfighter project

I take it they're interchangeable then?

Comment

It's just a switch which opens/closes the circuit internally so if it's just a matter of reconnecting the wires to repair it, it probably doesn't even matter which way you put them on.

You can check part website (like bikebandit.com or ronayers.com) part numbers for your model year bike and compare it to other model years and sizes... if the part numbers are the same, it's the same part and they're interchangeable. Odds are you can swap this out with any of those eBay ones!

Comment

That is now trash. Pre up to 95 is the same, 96-97 is different only in the plug. Can't respond to the post models.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Foxox, I was thinkin about just putting a toggle switch or bypassing it since both wiring harnesses I have are already chopped apart at the kickstand and clutch switches. But if they're as cheap as what cuda posted, I might as well replace it.

Junker, idk why I wanna keep calling you Bone. He's the guru on a Honda forum I'm on lol

Comment

I would just bypass it personally.
            1992- project katfighter
            2005- GSXR750
            2001- TL1000R
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
            www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
            KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Alpha Sports has a cross reference search you can use that you plug in the part number and it will list all the models that use that same part.....
              Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

^Oh awesome! Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X