boatyard fiberresin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boatyard fiberresin

Hey all,
    Im about to embark on a project making a set of side covers for an 83 gs650g. Ive used kits from autozone before to make various things with great success but this brand of stuff from boatyard seems to be less expensive. Anyone have any input on it or used it in the past? I plan on making a mounting bracket out of flat steel, forming the basic shape out of chicken wire and coating it with fiberglass cloth/resin. Ill take pics and post along the way if it doesntlook too bad and works lol.

I did some reading up on it and it has mixed reviews. Mostly I'm attributing the negatives to that the reviews I read came from boat forums. Since what im working on here is isnt going to under that much strain, and painted I expect that it will be sufficient for my purposes. Ill keep you posted!

Comment

have you considered ABS plastic sheets?
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
        have you considered ABS plastic sheets?
        ABS plastic sheet along with products from Urethane Supply co. See the attached link and watch their videos. I have used their products and they do work as they claim.

Polyvance provides everything needed for plastic repair and to refinish automotive plastics. Buy Online. CLICK HERE NOW!
        Do the thing you fear most, and the Death of fear is most certain.

Comment

I was considering it but don't have an oven big enough to bake the abs to mold it. The link didnt work so well on my phone. Ill check it when I get to my laptop. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
          X