No announcement yet.
X

The start of my plasti dip project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I think safety comes first and you should save up to get a new helmet before any more money is spent on making it look fancy. That is just me though.
    sigpic
    Oh Lord Jesus it's a fire!

Comment

yeah I know...
      99 Katana 600

Comment

Agreed. It's going to cost you significantly more to repaint the whole thing the real way.
        First motorcycle - new project
        1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

It cost me significantly less to paint mine vs Plastidip it.

Comment

Two entire processes sure. This is fully painting vs repairing a section of plastidip.
            First motorcycle - new project
            1992 Suzuki GSX600F Katana

Comment

If you have a sprayer, it is cheaper to paint. If you don't, its cheaper to use Plastidip. Its always easier to use Plastidip.

8 ounces of paint plus 8 ounces of thinner is about 6 bucks, you get 16oz of spray-able paint.

11 ounces of spray can Plastidip is about 11 bucks.

Comment

I have access to a sprayer. also Black and White Plasti Dip is 5.85 a can at Lowes
                99 Katana 600

Comment

I bought a can of black to try and fix where the gas messed up the dip, it was messed up to much. So now i'm back to one flat black side of my bike. I had to peel everything off. I am going to keep it this way, cause now a new rear tire is on my list... then helmet, then jacket
                  99 Katana 600

Comment

Fix it with paint thinner, you don't have to peel it off. Dab your finger in the thinner, smooth it out, then touch it up with a squirt of Plastidip and its good as new.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempted View Post
                      Fix it with paint thinner, you don't have to peel it off. Dab your finger in the thinner, smooth it out, then touch it up with a squirt of Plastidip and its good as new.

I swear I've said this on the forum somewhere, but this spot that was messed up was too big from the gas. Basically all around my petcock was jacked up. I think cause i had so many coats on it also i had a big line showing, which i used thinner to try and touch up. But now I have that fairing black and it looks flawless. King of makes me want to peel all the white and start over. HMMMMMMM NO TIRE FIRST!

Tempted where you located at. It says Marietta, but what state?
                      Last edited by JSMencer; 09-14-2013, 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      99 Katana 600

Comment

Georgia. But I'm in Florida all the time. I ride to Pensacola often. No better way to spend a weekend than drinking beer and fishing on the beach.

Comment

Working...
                        X