No announcement yet.
X

changing Dash lights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am not sure you have to take your needles off to change the lights. if so that is a bad design.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
      to hardly and bigbody, if you go with superbrightleds.com bulbs you need to get their twist lock bases as their bulb bases are slightly to thick to fit in the stock twist locks. post 98 you need the little bulbs i think the ones bigbody said t1.5 or something

Thanks a million
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Ok Im confused so for 98+ its the #74 bulbs but also get the B8.5D bases also or do the #74 come either separate or with a base?
        sigpic

Comment

superbright use to not have the B8.5. they only had the t1.5 a year or month ago. from superbright's site:

• the T1.5 is a #74 bulb installed in a twist lock base
          • the B8.5 is a #74 bulb installed in a twist lock base
          The difference from the site says that the B8.5 is a smaller version of the T1.5. THey have specs on their site, so I would rip my cluster apart before ordering.

I am almost sure that the T1.5 is the one for the +98 kats. I haven't heard anyone contest that the times I have posted it, but I still recommend checking for yourself.

What i was referring to was that the bulbs are a #74 in the +98 gauges, HOWEVER, i have heard that the base(flat part with the contacts) of a #74 LED from superbright is too thick to fit into the stock twist base, thus the need for buying their base.

this is the link i got that picture from:

Shop our wide selection of LED replacement bulbs for cars, trucks, and SUVs! Browse headlights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signal lights, and more!

if you scroll down two spots below the B8.5, you can see the #74 bulbs without the base.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

make sure you post up pictures of them......

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
              i am not sure you have to take your needles off to change the lights. if so that is a bad design.
              Needles can remain on, no problem.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Can you just use one of the replacement LED bulbs for the 3rd eye on the front of the bike from this site
                http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...5.8487&next=50
                S**t happens, live with it!

Comment

Originally posted by trent_dog View Post
                  Can you just use one of the replacement LED bulbs for the 3rd eye on the front of the bike from this site
                  http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...5.8487&next=50
                  sure can, just order the correct bulb, i dont know which bulb it is though. I would order dash lights, third eye, or any of the bulbs you want to change at once because they charge 5 bucks shipping.

Comment

Thanks alot and so fast.

Do you need to use resistors if you use LED replacement bulbs for the turn signals?
                    Last edited by trent_dog; 01-03-2008, 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    S**t happens, live with it!

Comment

you don't HAVE to use the resisters. If you put LEDs in the turn signal indicators, it won't cause them to blink fast, however once you put them in the actual blinkers then they will blink fast. IT is a matter of personal preference.

If you have a pre98 kat, you can go to napa and just pick up a heavy duty flasher, i forget the part number, but it will slow it back down. If you have a post98, I think there is actually a sticky maybe in the how to section on how to slow it without buying anything. Also superbright sells the heavy duty flasher, I would use that instead of going with the inline resisters or load capaciters.

Comment

How do I get to the bulbs under the cluster? Is there a thread with install pics? I didn't see it inthe manual either.
                        Last edited by Absolutnati; 05-02-2008, 01:08 PM.

Comment

starspan said,

"If you choose to change all of them to LED's you will need a total of 11 LED's. They are all #74 automotive bulbs on a 98+. Since you are going to go with blue, then you need 7 (Blue) of them (6 for the dash, and, 1 for the High Beam Indicator) 3 Green (2 for the turnsignals, and, 1 for the Neutral Indicator), and, 1 Red (For the Oil Pressure Indicator)"

But Astro4x4 said,

"I bought 4 X #24 Tri-power 3 LED bulbs for speedo etc. backlighting ( I used blue)
                          3 X #74 green Tri-power 3 LED bulbs for signal and neutral indicators
                          1 X #74 blue Tri-power for high beam indicator
                          1 X #74 red Tri-power for oil pressure indicator"

Question is, do I need 4 or 6 LED's for the dash? I already know that I need 3

Comment

ive got a 92 750 kat.where can i get the either white gauge faces or would it be better to go digital?

Comment

Working...
                            X