X

FNG introduction

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FNG introduction

Hi guys, this is my intro post. I'm from Colorado and I just acquired an 82 GS1000sz.
    The bike was a 1 owner and it's all original (except of course all of the consumables like tires, brakes, batteries etc).

The bike has never been in storage and has been ridden its whole life - so it runs good but its a bit rough around the edges.

I've been riding it a bit and the bike is solid! I'm very pleased with how it runs and rides.
    The plan is to restore it and keep it fully original.

Ive done many motorcycle restorations in the past and have another project on the bench in front of this one.
    So, I'll probably ride it as is for about a year while I finish up this other bike and collect all the parts I'll need to restore the Katana.
    Last edited by flynbulldog; 09-29-2013, 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Welcom to KR!
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Cool project, have fun!
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to kr!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thanks guys here's a picture of the 82:
            Attached Files

Comment

I need some original decal help.

If anyone here has an all original 82. I'm wondering if you might be able to take some close-up pics of the decals under the pre-load lever on the rear shocks.
              I need to restore mine and I want to get those decals reproduced.
              So far I've not been able to find any decent original ones to go by.

post the pics here or send me a pm and I'll give you my email address to send some hi res pics.
              Thanks

Comment

That is a beautiful bike, take good care of her
                2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Originally posted by flynbulldog View Post
                  Thanks guys here's a picture of the 82:

Comment

Originally posted by flynbulldog View Post
                    I need some original decal help.

If anyone here has an all original 82. I'm wondering if you might be able to take some close-up pics of the decals under the pre-load lever on the rear shocks.
                    I need to restore mine and I want to get those decals reproduced.
                    So far I've not been able to find any decent original ones to go by.

post the pics here or send me a pm and I'll give you my email address to send some hi res pics.
                    Thanks
                    You might try Ebay UK ,Search katana 1100 thers a dealer called B&B motors in Lincoln that have all manner of NOS parts for the original Katanas might be worth a try .
                    I have done business with them and the parts dept is helpful I'm from that part of the world but live in California .
                    Good luck with your search

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                      79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Welcome to KR. Not bad looking for being "Rough" around the edges.

Comment

Beautiful machine...Welcome...

Comment

Outstanding kat
                            79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Does anybody know where I can get the exhaust refinished in the correct black chrome?

Comment

Working...
                              X