X

A ripoff scam hits close to home...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tdrcomm: KR's own PI
    Last edited by kat_kitten; 05-12-2009, 09:33 AM.
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Yeah, go get em bro!

I bet he bought a new speedo and put it in.
      Last edited by GytRDunKat; 05-12-2009, 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
        Yeah, go get em bro!

That's exactly what he did, he didn't rig it, he replaced it....

Bringing the police inthis matter won't solve anything...because they can't do anything. Fact of the matter is, this guy is a lying no-good crook. What you can do is reply to his posting on CL. Make everyone aware that it was your bike and what the "real" condition is...

Comment

You sure the guy you sold it to didn't just part it out and your fairings ended up on a different bike?

Comment

Get 'em dude!
            1999 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by customcracka View Post
              You sure the guy you sold it to didn't just part it out and your fairings ended up on a different bike?
              This could very well be the case. Chit, I didn't know you sold it. And I just Pm'd you about picking up a damaged bike and swapping all your fairlings and good parts onto it.

Just take your time and be sure that he is trying to fraudulently represent the mileage before you go for the throat.
              2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
              BMC Notorious 918 HT
              2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

I'm guessing this is the guy he sold his to.

Comment

shameful.
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Originally posted by GytRDunKat View Post
                    Yeah, go get em bro!

He should have bought Tom's leathers too. Those are HOT!
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
                      Bringing the police inthis matter won't solve anything...because they can't do anything.
                      Actually there is, it's against federal law to tamper with the odometer.

Tom, I would get in touch with all the VIN checking services ASAP with the odometer reading at time of sale as well as the DMV, or whatever it is in California. At that point, caveat emptor!
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

That is a good possibility. That's the only non-scam thing that I can think of.
                        If that's the case... cool! But it does put me in a kinda bad spot. I've had 5
                        guys email me wondering what the hell am I doing scamming people about
                        my bike.

Originally posted by CenCalKat View Post
                        Just take your time and be sure that he is trying to fraudulently represent the mileage before you go for the throat.

I agree. I'm doing the due diligence on this. If it's not legit, I'm a member of nearly every bike forum in SoCal and I can put the posts out to everyone in an hour and he'll have to sell it somewhere other than here.

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                        Actually there is, it's against federal law to tamper with the odometer.

Tom, I would get in touch with all the VIN checking services ASAP with the odometer reading at time of sale as well as the DMV, or whatever it is in California. At that point, caveat emptor!

Done, and done. I want NO liability on this bike coming back to me.

I called the buyer and left a message stating that I still have the rear seat and some other stuff for him (he didn't take it when he picked it up). I'm going to have him meet me at my shop (Southland) because there's a couple of parts still there he might need. I'll confront him about it there.

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        He should have bought Tom's leathers too. Those are HOT!

The dude's like 5' nothin'.
                        He'd be swimming in my leathers.
                        Last edited by tdrcomm; 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        sigpic

Comment

Put a call in to auto theft today -- it'll probably take them til tomorrow to get back to you anyway (I think these are the guys who will handle such a scam -- they are in our area).

PS - good on you for keeping him from sticking it to someone else! If he swapped fairings and the ODO is correct, the VIN-ID won't match and it won't be an issue

Cheers
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'm glad you're gonna confront the guy about it cause this can be dangerous for anyone who buys the bike without knowing about the problem it has.

It sucks that people now in days are so dishonest. Don't mean to thread hi-jack but something similar happened to me last summer. I decided to sell my back-up car for $850 on craigslist. It was in good running condition but needed a new paint job. One kid starts emailing me sobb stories about how he needed a car to get to work cause he was tired of taking the bus but didn't have enough money. I had no serious buyers so I ended up selling it to him for $450 cause i felt bad for him. The next day the guy puts an ad using my same pics saying that it has all this work done to it and he's asking $1,100. I guess that's what you get now in days for being nice.
                            We don't stop riding because we grow old, We grow old when we stop riding!

Comment

Burn the ***, leave the ashes to the new owner in the trunk compartment

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post

The dude's like 5' nothin'.
                                He'd be swimming in my leathers.

Wow, the places my mind went with that one. :

Good luck with this one Tom. It's that time of the year, and all I can think of is some squid buying this bike and ending up in some serious trouble when it shuts down on him/her.

Be sure and keep us posted..............
                                Last edited by FASHER; 05-13-2009, 10:19 AM.
                                This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                                BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                                X