X

Got my petcock rebuild kit. Now what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my petcock rebuild kit. Now what?

I have a 99 katana 600. After doing some research I found out that there are no petcock rebuild kits for my specific model years, 98+.

Also, I was told that I could buy the kit from a pre 98 katana and use the "important"parts. My questions is what parts are those? For those of you who have done this, if you could please let me know which parts in the kit do I use and which ones do I not. I have taken the petcock apart before so I know I won't have any trouble with that.

I have the K&L kit 18-276. Hope that helps.

I was told by a Suzuki dealer that you couldn't rebuild the 98+ petcock. When mine went, I had to buy a new one.

Comment

Send a PM to The CyberPoet, He sells the pre kits and will know what will work on the 98+. The pre kits do work on the post.. Theres just some parts the pre's have that the posts dont need.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I'll see whay cyberpoet has to say. thanks.

Comment

My petcock on my 2005 got all gummed up, i just sprayed it down with carb cleaner, and blew it out with compressed air, and that cleaned it up and fixed my issue....may want to just clean it really good if it's just getting stopped up.....If your leaking then you will need to replace the rubber gaskets and seals and stuff

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by suzukifan View Post
            Also, I was told that I could buy the kit from a pre 98 katana and use the "important"parts. My questions is what parts are those?
            There is a gasket that you don't use, and the O-ring between the tank and petcock is a little iffy. Everything else just goes right together. Nothing particularly difficult about it.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

whitecl0ver: what issue were you having? My tank isn't leaking at all. I'm thinking more along the lines of rust as the root of my problem because it was sitting for a while without a full tank of gas. Also, I can see a bunch of little particles in the fuel filter. look like little grains of sand.

Comment

Working...
              X