X

98-06 Undertail Kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98-06 Undertail Kits

Hey there folks, I have not posted anything in the forums yet, but I have been a regular visitor to the forums. I purchased an '06 Katana 600 (my first bike) in May of last year and its been an awesome bike so far. I put over 4k miles on it in one season (I live in Chicago, and I stopped riding around december).

I've been doing some minor mods to the bike so far. One thing I did was the DIY fender chop (using the sticky here) and I bought one of the eBay tail lights. Now a couple of bulbs have gone out on the tail light and I was looking into higher-quality replacements. In my search I have encountered a couple of different setups for full undertail kits, instead of just replacing the tail light. I wanted to go with something that had the circular tail lights, i.e., the Krazy Kreations one shown below.

There aren't many options in the realm of undertail kits for the Kat's and below are the two that I have found. Do you guys know if undertail kits for the 99-07 hayabusa would fit the 06 katana? Or any other make/model?

Krazy Kreation:

Mototeck:

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

I can tell you for certain that the undertail kits for the Hayabusa would not fit a Kat out of the box. And frankly, I don't know that you could modify it easily to make it fit...though I suppose anything is possible. I recently put an undertail on my busa and I can't see it fitting on either a pre or post Kat. I have the Mototeck tail on my busa. Go to the links of the two companies you provided. They both have undertails for the Kat and the busa. You'll see how different they are.
    Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM.
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

I've seen the mototeck on a '04 kat the other week. It looked good but I don't know how much modification was needed though.
      Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

I can tell you for the Busa, the Mototeck tail does take some work. It took me about 3 hours to install it. But then it is a full undertail. The Kat version looks to be just the end piece and not a full undertail.
        Last edited by KatanaGSX92; 02-26-2013, 06:56 PM.
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

The Krazy Kreations one is 100% a full under tail. I have it. Haven't installed it or anything, but it got here so that's a plus.

Comment

I do like the look of the Krazy Kreations undertail over the Mototeck for the Kat.
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa

Comment

Working...
            X