X

how wide of a tire can i put on my kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB1988 View Post
    ok thanx guys btw this got a little disturbing with the pics lol all in good fun tho
    considering you ask a question that has been asked a 100 times already, and has become the subject of pretty much all jokes, you are lucky that disturbing pics is all you got.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      considering you ask a question that has been asked a 100 times already.
      Mike you really think that question has only been asked 100 times? You mean 100 times in 2012? I buy that.

Comment

I was being conservative. I didn't want him to feel too bad about it..lol
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
          I was being conservative. I didn't want him to feel too bad about it..lol

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
            the rear tire change only affects the post kats and not the pre's. Pre's use a speedo cable driven off the center of the front rim. Tire DIA changes make no affect on the pre's.

Absolutely, but the OP has a Post so that is what we're talking about.

Supposidly the 170/60 tire has less contact patch than a 150/70 or 160 tire

That's an ugly rumour based more on tyre brand than tyre size. Given many 170/60 tyres are actually designed to fit the 4.5" rim, that fitment provides the optimal contact patch.

... and lower the rear alittle. But that can be fixed by raising the rear to restore handling etc.
            Depends how you go about raising the rear.
            Last edited by TRPUT; 02-19-2013, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I have a 90 Katana and what size of rear tire can i replace it with? and what lowest profile? Without modification?

Comment

Originally posted by Red bull View Post
                I have a 90 Katana and what size of rear tire can i replace it with? and what lowest profile? Without modification?
                Did you even read this thread?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                  Depends how you go about raising the rear.
                  Cuttin and shortening the dog bones or fabbing a lower top(upper) shock mount. Or if u wanna get crazy by cutting the rear subframe and making it the angle of choice. My thinking would be less evasive first, upper mount, dog bones then subframe.
                  1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                  fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                  55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                  R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                  Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Originally posted by Red bull View Post

150/70 on a pre...

Anything wider, or lower profile is going to be bad juju with out modifications.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                    X