No announcement yet.
X

on the way to work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not doubting you guys, more than anything you guys are probably correct! In my own world though, I like the "150" idea!
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy Turner View Post
      Not doubting you guys, more than anything you guys are probably correct! In my own world though, I like the "150" idea!
      Probably right??? Things get pretty scarey above 150mph, and I know that for a fact. The Kat you have isn't suited to that feat. Save your money, and if you truly want to go that fast, then get a bike that'll be more suited to your "own world". Truth be told, I've gone beyond that on my old beast R1 that was set up as a track bike. 150 isn't as much fun as 60 and just enjoying the ride. Just my thoughts.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Probably right???
        LMAO okay okay . . . Most definitely RIGHT!!!!!
        All the world's a stage,
        And all the men and women merely players;
        They have their exits and their entrances,
        And one man in his time plays many parts,
        His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddy Turner View Post
          Well . . . Now I am thinking "Go do '150' on the interstate until I get pulled over." When the police officer asks if I knew what speed I was going I could say "I was trying for 150, but I would like your professional input!!!!!"

At least that way I will get an accurate read on it! Lose my license, but still!
          I like the GPS method better!
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

i got stopped by an alabama state trooper on the interstate last year around 2 am. he said he clocked me at 146 and swore i was slowing down. i dont remember if i had more on the tach and my speedo cable broke when it was pinned almost to the h in "mph" on the gauge so i dont have a number i can throw out but.......146 was good for me. trooper wasnt to happy tho. crazy thing is i actually talked my way out of reckless driving. he wrote the ticket up as 100 in 70.
            92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

You got clocked at 146 an didn't get arrested?! Man up here you'll get tackled an hauled to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 lol if you double the speed limit they can revoke your license on the spot.
              94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Originally posted by crazycraven420 View Post
                You got clocked at 146 an didn't get arrested?! Man up here you'll get tackled an hauled to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200 lol if you double the speed limit they can revoke your license on the spot.
                he was yelling at me at first. i was just honest with him and told him that i knew it was stupid as hell to be speeding like that , i reminded him that there wasnt any other cars on the road and pedestrian traffic is illegal on interstates so if i killed anyone it would only be me. by the time we got done talking he had actually laughed a few times. he did slam dunk me with a few tickets. (no proof of insurance,no registration ,improper tire and last but not least speeding) BEST PART, when it was time for me to leave he asked me to "get on it" for him,lol
                92 gsxf 750:1216 motor upgrade,5.5 inch wheel swap, plus 10 swingarm, gsxr 1000 farings and cbr tailight,lol

Comment

Originally posted by B12BAMADUDE View Post
                  i got stopped by an alabama state trooper on the interstate last year around 2 am. he said he clocked me at 146 and swore i was slowing down. i dont remember if i had more on the tach and my speedo cable broke when it was pinned almost to the h in "mph" on the gauge so i dont have a number i can throw out but.......146 was good for me. trooper wasnt to happy tho. crazy thing is i actually talked my way out of reckless driving. he wrote the ticket up as 100 in 70.
                  HA! I would fight it. Just show the judge the charts from gearing commander and prove that your Kat can't go 146!
                  sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                  1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                  2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                  Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                    HA! I would fight it. Just show the judge the charts from gearing commander and prove that your Kat can't go 146!
                    lmao!!!! yeah maybe i could just tell him that since katana speedo's are off %10 then his RADAR gun must be because some guy told me so in a forum..........not so sure things would of worked out for me to well now im a lil more cautious about "broken down cars" on the shoulder of the interstate at 2 am.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                      I know it will still get it's ass handed to it by a modern 600 SS bike. Oh, and that's with a GSXR 1127 bored out to 1216 cc's.
                      Hey now .....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                        Hey now .....
                        I'm not lying.

Comment

I've not had the opportunity to outright dragrace any SS600's , but from what some I've let ride it .... I mean , I'm making 80ft/lbs @ less than 4kRPM's . I know I weigh 510lbs , but so long as I can keep the front down .... Jussayin .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i have a few buddies with 600's and so far my 1216 hasnt let me down too badly. i have raced multiple 2000-2005 or 2006ish r6,ninja 636,600rr and have beat all of them . hell i have actually beaten a couple busas at the track in one night. now driver error plays alot in the winner of the race but a win is a win. 200 hp aint no good if you cant handle it. unusable power is just that. i have a couple of ridin buddies that have VERY VERY VERY VERY fast racebikes(200+mph quarter mile runs)but with an inexperienced i might have a chance............ok maybe if they smack a wall coming out of the box. but anyway what im saying is the rider does make a BIG difference. i drove one of them REAL racebikes not just some busa with a couple decals and a pipe, and that thing scared the living sh** out of me. didnt heat the tire right i guess and that thing would spin the whole way down the track. with all that spinning i was lucky to get 120 in the 1/4 on the same bike that makes 19o mph passes.

Comment

Originally posted by B12BAMADUDE View Post
                              i have a few buddies with 600's and so far my 1216 hasnt let me down too badly. i have raced multiple 2000-2005 or 2006ish r6,ninja 636,600rr and have beat all of them . hell i have actually beaten a couple busas at the track in one night. now driver error plays alot in the winner of the race but a win is a win. 200 hp aint no good if you cant handle it. unusable power is just that. i have a couple of ridin buddies that have VERY VERY VERY VERY fast racebikes(200+mph quarter mile runs)but with an inexperienced i might have a chance............ok maybe if they smack a wall coming out of the box. but anyway what im saying is the rider does make a BIG difference. i drove one of them REAL racebikes not just some busa with a couple decals and a pipe, and that thing scared the living sh** out of me. didnt heat the tire right i guess and that thing would spin the whole way down the track. with all that spinning i was lucky to get 120 in the 1/4 on the same bike that makes 19o mph passes.
                              but then again i have also been beaten by the same bikes spoken of above a time or 2.

Comment

Not to thread-jack.....but a cool vid....
                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qROwMqCLAw&playnext=1&list=PLC87EB4A083CD 7300&feature=results_main"]Kawasaki H2 750 dragbike - YouTube[/ame]
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X