No announcement yet.
X

Time for a winter Project!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it shouldnt. All your doing is firing the chamber alittle earlier. Im not sure the differences between the 750 and 600, as Ive only driven my 600... but If I got a 750 I would be dropping that in quick lol.
    1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
    fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
    55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
    R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
    Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Just changed the oil, that stuff drained out BLACK! probably should have done it sooner

Comment

Finally got the seat recovered, only took 2 hours

Comment

Did you wrap it yourself with just your choice of fabric? How did you secure it on the back end? What kind of fabric did u use?

I've done them before but not on a bike. I'm not a fan of the vinyl on mine and would like a soft pleather probably but it's not as durable.

Comment

Did it by my self, never tried anything like it before but hell, i never touched a motorcycle before buying mine last year and now im rebuilding everything except the motor.
            I went to a fabric store and got some marine grade vinyl so it should hold up to rain and the sun. and as far as holding it down, i used a powerful staple gun and secured the middle of each side and worked my way up each side a few inches at a time, its not perfect, still a little loose right in the curve where your bottom side sits but for the price its not bad. i am going to work on it a little more tomorrow to get it real tight but i gave up last night after almost 2 hours becaues my fingers hurt to much haha

Comment

Great job on the seat, try heating the vinyl with a hair dryer to make it more pliable. Makes it easier to stretch.
              Blackdog
              DRz-400e plated
              Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

I like the purple seat better.

Comment

I didnt mind it but i will be repainting the entire bike different colors so the purple had to go

Comment

@ Austin, you could have sent your seat to me and i could have done it up real nice with stitching and the logo on the seat for ya. haha.

reference "Wanting a new seat" in this forum
                    Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps-0311

Comment

Never before saw anything on here about you recovering seats but i just looked at your posts, your work looks good i'll keep you in mind if i want it done a little nicer later on in the year.

Comment

Anyone ever use "Northern tank sealer"? i am cleaning a small amount of rust out of my tank and will then coat the inside. i was looking for por 15 but no where in my town has it. I did find i different one though called northern tank sealer, if you have used it let me know how it worked out

Comment

the PO of my bike had it sealed before I got awhole of it but I think he used POR15. I would just get the POR15 Ive heard good things about it. Im lucky and there headquarters in NJ is like 30 Min from me

However Im not sure how i could fix mine as when he sealed it he didnt do the part that the gas cap seals too and it has just a few spots of rust on it. I would like to seal it there but I dont want to get a full seal kit for like 2 very small spots.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_gsx600F katana View Post
                            ...it has just a few spots of rust on it. I would like to seal it there but I dont want to get a full seal kit for like 2 very small spots.
                            If you can get at it you can use "Naval Jelly" from the hardware store. I wouldn't want to try doing the entire inside of a tank with it but you could get away with brushing some on and then wiping with a wet rag after it sits for a bit. (Wear gloves!)
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
                              If you can get at it you can use "Naval Jelly" from the hardware store. I wouldn't want to try doing the entire inside of a tank with it but you could get away with brushing some on and then wiping with a wet rag after it sits for a bit. (Wear gloves!)
                              I have no idea wat naval jelly is. Does it go by any other names? Wat does it do?

Comment

Naval Jelly is available at most hardware stores and general stores like Walmart.

It's a rust remover. Very caustic nasty chemical concoction but works real well. If the rust is in a spot you can reach to apply and remove the Jelly, it would work for you.

A vinegar bath will do the same thing to the rust, just alot slower.

If the fill neck was not coated, I would be concerend they did not coat the top of the tank either.... so the top and inner sides of the fill neck you cant see may also be rusting. Might want to get a mirror to check that and see what's going on...

Krey
                                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                                X