Bike at 13k RPM ? Idle. Im sad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike at 13k RPM ? Idle. Im sad.

Hi guys,
    I had my bike's carbs cleaned and spark plugs changed about 3 days ago.
    The past 3 days the bike has been running smoothly and responsive.
    Now i dont know anything about bikes, but this morning when i woke up and tried to take the bike for a ride.. It started up fine, I rolled down the street and put it on first gear.. it was fine the first 20 seconds, then SUDDENLY the RPMS went crazy all the way to MAX RPMS, i paniced and shut the bike off..
    I tried starting it back up and the same thing happens. I just spent 200 dollars on a carb cleaning n spark plugs changed..
    I dont have any more money for get it fixed again..
    I just want to know what the problem is..
    One of the mechanic said, that it might be something with the throbble cable.
    He wasnt exactly sure what to tell me cus he was just on the phone with me..
    Can anyone help me ? Ive never seen such a thing

I wonder if he pinched the throttle cable putting the tank back on or something....

Would be my first thought but wait for more experienced people to get back to you.
    92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Yeah, it's going to be related to the throttle cable or the assembly where the throttle cable attaches to the carbs getting caught on something. It's a pretty common mistake to put the carb to engine boot clamps on at the wrong angle, putting the screw for the clamp in a position that the throttle assembly hits it and catches on it.

That would be the first thing I check. I'm going to assume you have pre kat, cause the post Kat has a return cable that would let you counter that by turning the throttle back manually.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

What about a stuck "Choke" cable or linkage?
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
          What about a stuck "Choke" cable or linkage?
          I've never had full choke cause the bike to idle higher than 4-5k, but... anything is possible.

krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If it was running "fine" when you brought it there, then bring it back and have them fix what they fucked up.....free of charge.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
              If it was running "fine" when you brought it there, then bring it back and have them fix what they fucked up.....free of charge.
              what a concept! I get customers that come from other repair shops with issues that don't give them a chance to fix it. they pay twice.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
              X