X

How much should I pay????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much should I pay????

Few weekends back I was doing some work to my Kat. Since I don't have the tools to change my fork springs and I was going to drop of my carbs anyway at the dealer I took the forks with me. Two of the carbs were leaking fuel from bowl gaskets, and since I have extended waranty I tought it would be covered. I found later that it was not. I do all my work my self so I have no idea how much should I have paid. they charged me $100.00 CAN for the springs.(forks of the bike, my fork oil)
    $50.00 to install four fuel bowl gaskets and drill out four caps (I paid for the gaskets separate)
    Are those prises fair or am I geting riped off?
    Now I have to take my bike to get the carbs sychronized, how much should that be?
    www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Was the 100 bucks for the forks an entire rebuild? I f so thats about right. As for the carbs you pretty much paid for labor.That looks to be about a half an hour worth of time.As far as the carb sinc,are you going to have the valves adjusted also,the two kind of go hand in hand. Anyway that should be maybe 120 to 130 US.to sinc the carbs isnt really that hard the sinc tool is about 65 American.Your manual will tell you where they need to be.

Comment

As per forks they replaced my springs,fork seals and dust seals. I took them of the bike and installed them.
      I adjusted my valve my self ( I'm an auto-tech) so basically I hand over my carbs to them couse they told me it will be coverd by warante. Could done it my self. As per the tool my snap-on dealer told me he can get one for $250.00 CAN., so that is why I'm considering the dealer.

Comment

Well buying the tool once will save you a hell of alot in the long run .givin your abilities sounds like a no brainer to me.

Comment

If you have the Suzuki extended warrantee, the float bowl seals should be covered, and I'd contact Suzuki's Warrantee Assistance line about it. The warrantee covers things that aren't supposed to expire on the maintenance schedule nor are disposable (bulbs, tires, clutch plates) and those gaskets would be considered reasonably permanent under that definition. The other work done on the carbs is a different story (drilling out the access panel for the pilot screws).

If it's an aftermarket warrantee, I bite my tongue because I have no clue what exceptions and exclusions are on their contract.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yes , it is suzuki extended warrantee. I will have to call them to find out. Any idea about the rest ? $$$

Comment

Originally posted by rotary13b
              Yes , it is suzuki extended warrantee. I will have to call them to find out. Any idea about the rest ? $$$
              The fork rebuilds were reasonable, and less than it costs around here in USD$.

The carbs -- figure to drill the four pilot screw caps out should be under 15 minutes, so 1/4 hour at whatever the shop rate is. The rest should have been on the warrantee (parts, repair of the carb's leaking gaskets) unless something you did directly contributed to their leaking.

Since you have the factory extended warrantee, IMHO you should have left the carbs on the bike and had them come get it (transport to the dealership is included in the extended warrantee for such issues), then slipped the guy an extra $20 CDN for removing the caps or just asked nicely.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X