X

Whatta you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatta you think?

I'm in negotiations with this guy for a trade. Any experience with one of these? Already got the scoop from Jackal. As of right now it's my Kat plus 1k. He said he wanted to sleep on that.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
    -Travis of the Cosmos

Looks like a sweet bike, and sounds like a great deal if he says yes.
    John,
    '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
    sigpic

Comment

Loooooove the British flag over the lights, and the bright yellow.

What a great price too.

Good luck if you decide to bid.

Comment

Make him peel that crap off the headlights before you get it.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah...I'm not 100% on the flag decal.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Brit Bike

Well, it is a British Bike.
            I have a Ducati, should I peel the Italian flag off of it?

Comment

Not if you like it. Not sure where you're going there...

>=o)

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

That would be hard to pass up and the deal seems too good to be true as well at least IMO.
                -2000 "750"

Comment

I will also rec. a D&D for that. Back at school I always parked next to a guy with a 955i with a D&D, believe me when I say it sounded like pure uncensored bike pr0n.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

She's smaller, lighter and a whole helluva lot faster than your Kat. On the other hand, the riding position is pure sport... longer hauls are going to be murder on a bike like that. I guess it all depends on what you want the bike for...
                    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Right- it'd need some handlebar raisers at least.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                        Right- it'd need some handlebar raisers at least.
                        I dont understand this. Why buy a sport bike if it's not going to be used as one?

I see people on KF buy brand new 6Rs and 10Rs and put bar risers on them...makes no sense whatsoever. It's like putting a luggage rack on a Corvette...

Comment

Well- I just don't want to try and do several hundred miles in that position. You think it'll affect the handling that bad? Aesthetically- that's hard to notice unless you're looking.

-Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by VifferJim View Post
                            She's smaller, lighter and a whole helluva lot faster than your Kat. On the other hand, the riding position is pure sport... longer hauls are going to be murder on a bike like that. I guess it all depends on what you want the bike for...

I agree with STifferJim on this one, it all depends on what your looking for in a bike. Do you do short fast jaunts or long drawn out rides? Yes, the quality of bike is superior if performance is what your after. But in over all comfort your gonna be in for a rude awakening. Yes, Its pretty (altho the flag is a bit over kill) Yes, its faster (if thats what your looking for) No, its not gonna feel like a Kat. The Deal sounds great if your looking for a faster board up your azz! I personally would'nt put bar raisers on it. It just wasnt meant to be fitted like that! Best of luck in your decision!
                            Joker
                            The newest addition to the Family!
                            sigpic
                            stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I would say it is like driving a sports car. You occasionally take it out for spirited ride, but there are other days you just go pick up some stuff from the grocery store or log a couple hours on the highway meeting a not-so-close friend. I would totally agree with you if it was being bought to be a track bike, but it is not.

As far as the Corvette analogy is concerned, my Corvette with its ugly luggage rack may still take your pretty Vette on a closed course. The rider/driver factor is likely a much bigger player than some mere add-on.

I will say though that I don't want to hear your whining on the next 8-hour ride if we need to stop at Lowe's and make splints for your wrists
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

Working...
                              X