X

g/f dumped her bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g/f dumped her bike

i guess more or less she laided it over. We got her a 08 250 ninja.. its a nice lookin machine and i just finished puttin some graphics on it and she had to ride it right away before her safety course.. so i was tryin to teach her and it didn't go so well..lol. She's fine bike is ok... the bar sliders did their job. Anyway.. long story short. The katana swing arm needs modded slightly to put swingarm sliders on but luckly the ninja has a spot to screw right into. Since the slider is only about 1.5-2 inches there is still the possibility of messing up the body should she dump it again
    (and she will) So.. here's my question i can make the sliders longer like say 6 inches which will definatly not allow the bike to tip over a certain point. Will only be using these in a parking lot to practice. if/when it tips on her again is there a chance of bending the swing arm. I know sliders are kinda made for this but have any of the sliders been a known cause to bending the swing arm. thanks guys

here you go

but glad she is OK
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Just my thoughts.... but I've never seen a 6" rear slider on a bike.. Sliders have both good and bad aspects. Depending on speed, they can actually flip your bike, and that would really suck. So......no..... I wouldn't do it.

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      here you go

but glad she is OK
      LOL.... I was thinking it.
      Last edited by Slofuze; 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

BTW
        6" would be to easy to snag on and probably do more damage in a slide IMHO

Comment

ok.. extending the sliders is out.. never looked at it from that aspect. Might sound stupid but are those training wheels a joke or could something like that really work...lol

Comment

Originally posted by polarrunr View Post
            ok.. extending the sliders is out.. never looked at it from that aspect. Might sound stupid but are those training wheels a joke or could something like that really work...lol

Those one are just a joke , but you made me spit up some pop

Google image "Training wheels", lots of pictures not sure if the would be and better at any type of speed

Comment

Seriously..... tell your gf to take the course. If it's anything like up here, you get to mess up their bikes. Better the course than her life.
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

she is takin the course in 3 weeks but doesn't want to wait that long if i can come up with something else. but seeing those pics got me thinkin.. and doin a search i found some motorcycle training places really use these.. and they are made for smaller dirt bikes for little kids. With that in mind im sure there is something out there. they dont have to hold the weight of the entire bike for more then a slight wobble but a replacing the idea of a slider or extended slider with a wheel to move along with you sounds like a better idea.. tomorrow i hit the motocross stores.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                  Seriously..... tell your gf to take the course. If it's anything like up here, you get to mess up their bikes. Better the course than her life.
                  +1

might as well dick up the 250's.. and hopefully they'll give her good instruction.
                  sigpic
                  "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Ninja Trike

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                      Ninja Trike
                      lol.. too much work

Comment

First of all, props on starting her with a 250. That's a smart move. If she really can't wait the three weeks AND you know you are good enough to teach her the correct way. Then I would say: walk her through what to do with her on a bicycle, that way you can walk alongside (just to explain the basic ideas) then have her the same maneuvers on the Ninja. This way she already has practice (at a very slow speed) so she's comfortable with what she's supposed to do.

Also, PROPER GEAR. I'm assuming she already has all the right gear (since she needs it for the MSF class anyway, and you sound smart starting her on a 250, but it's always better to make sure).

And remind her to take it slow. Any idiot can hop on a motorcycle and grab a fistful of throttle. It takes a pro to ride smoothly around a tight, low-speed figure 8.

Comment

[QUOTE=polarrunr;1911815]she is takin the course in 3 weeks but doesn't want to wait that long if i can come up with something else.]

Seriously....... you're being owned, bro. Let her watch some vids on Youtube about motorcycle safety etc. for three weeks. How much more damage do you want done to the bike because "she doesn't want to wait that long"? WTF???? I'm sure she's hot and all...... but you need to reclaim your balls. Just my thoughts......... wisdom comes with age.
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Just tell her to wait.

3 weeks of waiting to get proper instuction is alot easier than waiting 3 weeks to get released from the hospital.
                            2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                            BMC Notorious 918 HT
                            2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Let her know how stoked you are about her eagerness but patience is a virtue... especially with bikes.

I don't know if they make them for the "littlest Ninja That Could" (No disrespect at all. I LOVE that bike. Still pretty pi$$ed-off that Motorcyclist Mag didn't name it Bike Of The Year), but you might want to check out a stunt cage. Protect the bike and get mad props from the squids all at the same time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X