X

Dropped my 96

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped my 96

Hi everyone.. Im new to katriders, I just registered after a few months of hardwork on trying to get my bike running

I started this project off by buying a really messed up totally not running not even assembled stage from some guy who's an expert in destroying bikes
    now after two months I got it running perfectly after replacing almost everything inside the engine with universal parts and parts that came out of a milling machine..

Now Im hoping to make it look better... I have most of the basic plastics but im missing alot of plastics and most of them are cracked and I cant seem to find anywhere that I could just pay and get a brand new sparkling fresh set of fairings (96 GSX600F) and on top of that I dropped it just yesterday in the parking lot (uneven surface) so that even added more damage... I got my friend to paint the frame all black with automotive paint so the frame is all good and fresh but the plastics are really bad and also my gas tank is painted black via spraycan which is not really working out to well especially after a trip to the gas station..

I was wondering if anybody knows where I could order some of the stuff that im missing and maybe an opinion on what I could do to solve my fairing problem.. Thank You All Very Much For Reading this Ridiculously Super Duper Long Post...

Missing Parts:
    Dash Panel : The one under the guages
    Front Fender Bracket
    Back Fender
    Left Lower Airscoop
    Chin Piece (Under the headlight)
    Fairing Bolts
    Front Turn Signal Lights

Compartment Section
    (when I take of the seat I can see the tire, I dont have anywhere to put stuff in not even my registration and insurance)

and also my switches are a little bit stuck up and in pretty bad shape
    Its very uncomftable to switch the turn signals on because the switch is so hard and sometimes my start button doesn't contact because it slides out of place

all my bolts are bought from home depo just to hold the
    stuff in place for now to see how it fits...

if anybody could give me a little bit of info about any of these I would really appreciate it... I have also tried the local shops here at las vegas but nobody seems to carry parts for pre models anymore

For fairings, the best option is to fix the ones you have. There is an entire section devoted to paint and fairing repair here on the boards.

For the missing parts, look through the for sale section for some of the larger items. For smaller items/misc bolts... you can order the parts with the dealer. There are also some online websites for you to look at as well, like ronayers.com, bikebandit.com, mrcycle.com, denniskirk.com.

Ebay is always a great source for parts for these bikes.

Once you have 50 posts, you can make your own posts in the for sale/wanted section. Look around, hang out... start getting some parts, and when you have 50 posts... list up what you have not been able to find.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you need the stock front signals I have several, PM me.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
      X