X

Finally Did It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Did It

Yep it finally happened, after not quite a year I dropped my new bike. One of those stupid slow speed drops.. I was on my way to a road builders meeting I had to take pictures at. Was running a little bit late and was in a hurry, as I slowed to turn into the parking lot (night time) I saw some sand in the area where the edge of pvmt meets the pvmt coming from the parking lot. Long story short .. saw the sand, knew I should have hit it straight on but figured it would be no problem.. well sand was much deeper than it looked.. bike went down in an instant.. no time to react. Scraped my mirror, scuffed plastic and cracked it in a small spot.. well looks like I have to put my new graphics on now and do a little cover up.
    "The time has come", the walrus said, "to speak of many things"

Bummer....sorry to hear about your baby.
    We've all done it, and now that you have that out of your system, you can repair/replace/ride again, anything you can walk away from is a good crash...

Comment

Thanks it was one of those.. check the tank bag (had my camera bag in it) look around real quick..cool nobody saw me.. jerk the Kat back up hop on and get it into the parking lot.. it didn't quit running
      "The time has come", the walrus said, "to speak of many things"

Comment

that really sucks at least the damage is small and more importantaly you are ok.

Comment

Sorry about your luck, if your going to lay it down, better the slow speed stuff. At least it out of the way now, and you are part of the "club"
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sorry about your mishap. I can tell you thought, doing that is a little bit better than running into the back of a van. Sucks either way but.....
            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Been there, done that. Thankfully it's one of those you walk away from with just a bruised ego and a little rash on the sides. Sorry to hear, though.
              sigpic

Comment

We've all been there, done that..makes you feel like this big.. ....it happens to the best of us..

doesnt make you feel any better when people tell you that, but atleast ur not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                  We've all been there, done that..makes you feel like this big.. ....it happens to the best of us..

doesnt make you feel any better when people tell you that, but atleast ur not alone.
                  ...nope your not alone....

Comment

Originally posted by Owlman

Ditto
                    Bike is sold

Comment

As stated B4, welcome to the Club. It not a matter of "IF" a person will drop there bike, its a matter of "When". At least you did not have a hot chick on the back of yours when you did, like I did. Luckily she is a good friend of mine, and only laughed a little bit.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                        As stated B4, welcome to the Club. It not a matter of "IF" a person will drop there bike, its a matter of "When". At least you did not have a hot chick on the back of yours when you did, like I did. Luckily she is a good friend of mine, and only laughed a little bit.
                        yeah, but a hurt ego in front of a hot chick can be pretty painful too!

Comment

Not so much of a hurt ego as it was a hurt wrist.

It actually was pretty funny though!
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                            Been there, done that
                            Originally posted by Spedee
                            Originally posted by Owlman
                            Ditto

+ one more here

i dropped mine when its only 10 min old, with 2 miles on the odo;
                            one of those humiliating intersection-stop-at- red-light drop......

i almost punch that guy who stopped his pick-up and offer help....

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                              Not so much of a hurt ego as it was a hurt wrist.

It actually was pretty funny though!
                              being able to laugh about it now, makes it not seem so bad... 8)

i dropped mine when it was only 2 days old!!

Comment

Working...
                              X