CHEAP integrated turn signal mod pre98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHEAP integrated turn signal mod pre98

Hey, that's clever..

that should work great! I'd think about maybe switching the bulbs out to some amber bulbs as well just to add a bit of color variance into the mix, but that will no doubt work great as is. Awesome idea.
    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
    I Miss You Pop
    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Id like to see the final results on the bike. but looks like a good idea
      "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Good job,lets see some pics !!!!

Comment

So I made a little video... It's my first video ever on you tube and it was dark out soo... sorry about the quality but hey its done.

PS my front fairings aren't completly finish yet so the front turn signals aren't plugged in and it was with my cell phone. If you want more pictures let me know.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GY_J7bQzSU[/youtube]

And I have about 40 miles on it already. Was street fighter styling

Comment

MODS PLEASE STICKY INTO THE HOW-TO'S.....GOOD WORKING IDEAS BELONG THERE...GREAT JOB

sorry bout the caps

Comment

that's a pretty slick idea man!
              -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

The only thing i am horried about is that the metal tabs don't stay in the plastic. Thats why I pried the rivets off thinking that it gives the plastic something to melt into. I don't know i am not an engineer but that makes sense to me. We will see if that theory works out.

Thanks guys

I guess I will post up how i cut my tail section off too later I just have to it out (<--- I just wanted to use that)

Comment

I reposted it here is you want to see it

So I bought this Kat a little while ago. A little beatin, uglified, and not working. So i spent last summer making it run, and learning to ride on the beaten fairings. Don't want to accidently drop the bike like a newbie after i work on making it pretty.

I like the clean look so I decided to integrate the turn signals. LEDs are a little too expensive and I already had the lights from the old turn singals, which i know will be bright enough.

Pried the old rivets off with a flat head.

Then bent them into a horse shoe shape. Make sure you have your pliers on the right angle to push into the housing. Not to hot or else you will ruin the housing i used a propane torch for about 10 seconds

Then pushed the hot metal into the housing. I think it would be better if you could get the metal deep enough into the housing so you could melt the plastic into the rivet holes to hold better.

At an angle so the bulbs will clear and can be removed

Then drilled a hole for the wires. My old lights have 3 wires and i used a 13/64 size drill bit. *DANGER* make sure you don't use the brighter filiment on all the time. I am pretty sure you will burn plastic.

And thats it. Should hook it up tomarrow

Comment

i like the idea

Comment

2000 miles and everythings still cool,

Comment

Working...
                      X