X

Buying, not riding tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying, not riding tips...

Hello! I'm assuming since we are about to start kicking into high gear w/ summer riding I was wondering when the best time for a good deal on a used(I refuse to buy anything new and take the big depreciation hit)/like new bike. Is it a similar market swing as housing/boat sales where they pick up where everyone moves or decides they want to be on the water during the summer when the kids are out of school, nice weather etc, and then taper off during the fall/winter months or is it consistent throughout the year? I'm in no rush to buy a bike and want to make sure I'm not buying in a seller's market.

Thanks for the input!

Winter time is definitely the time to buy. You are exactly right, prices dip when its cold and lots of people don't want to ride. The colder the winter, the bigger the difference. I'm in CA where you can ridebyear round if you really want to and bikes still drop at least 10% if not more.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I bought a very nice 750 in January, about 3 weeks ago. Many of the ads had been posted and re-posted for several weeks but with it being winter, no one was buying. So sellers will be happy to consider a low-ball offer just to unload that bike. And with gas prices being way down it has also impacted bike prices.
      2006 750

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
        I bought a very nice 750 in January, about 3 weeks ago. Many of the ads had been posted and re-posted for several weeks but with it being winter, no one was buying. So sellers will be happy to consider a low-ball offer just to unload that bike. And with gas prices being way down it has also impacted bike prices.
        Meaning people weren't looking for an alternative as much as when prices were $3+ so the demand and thus the cost was lower?

Comment

Bingo. $4 gas had a big effect on bike prices. 50mpg is rather nice
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Hey friend, it was really very nice tips and ideas.

Comment

Working...
            X