X

Pre98 speedo calculator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre98 speedo calculator

Looking for tires for the cage today I came across a tire size calculator that also shows you the amount your speedometer is off using the new tire size. Example: Pre98 stock front is a 110/80/17, I'm running a 120/60/17. At an indicated 65mph I am actually only running 61.58mph. If I forget what I just learned I just might be able to save myself a speeding ticket

I called this for a pre 98 since we read off the wheel and 98+ reads off a pickup. Don't know if you guys can read off the back tire size to get your number or not.

Here is the link for the calculator --> Discount Tire Calculator
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Great information

now i just need to forget it
    The Katana's Big Brother
    1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

if you run a 120/70 the speedo is only off by +.88 mph according to the calculator. the height is so close but width is definitely different. I also did the 180 from 150 comparison and it shows a 2.42 mph gain.
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Here's my favorite tire size calculator:

Calculator of compatible upgrade tire and wheel sizes

Its table lets you compare "nearby" changes in width or aspect ratio. It can't tell you which brands of shoes tend to run wider or narrower than spec though.

Comment

Working...
        X