X

Okay- parts interchangability?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay- parts interchangability?

SEe a few 1988 tanks on E-bay- will they fit on a 1987 Katana?

you don't have an 87

Comment

hahahahahahahah
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

MFd date says 11/87

Is it an early MFd 1988?

Here is a pic:

Comment

it's an 88 dude, of course it was made in 87

Comment

Thanks- don't know much about these bikes, obviously- just having fun getting started!

I will be e-baying and searching this site for parts!

Comment

anything you need, I have, PM me anything you need.

Comment

You da man!

Comment

my advice to you is to search for info on the differences between the 88's and the 89-97 kats. it has been covered in a few threads. There are only subtle differences, but some parts are not directly interchangeable.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

right, I second that. Like the 88 front forks, they are only 88, and the choke only 88.

Comment

Date of manufacture is 11/87... remember the "88's" came out before 1988 actually happened (Just like the 09 cars are coming out now). And they need to produce things with some lead time anyway.

The cut over is usually sometime in late summer/early fall.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                        Date of manufacture is 11/87... remember the "88's" came out before 1988 actually happened (Just like the 09 cars are coming out now). And they need to produce things with some lead time anyway.

The cut over is usually sometime in late summer/early fall.
                        And a large part of the reason for that is transportation time -- it takes time to get the bikes crated up, shipped around the globe to the distributor, then trucked to your local dealer

Unless your bike was built Jan - Mar, odds are it's the model year after your build-year.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks- already ordering parts now!

Comment

Working...
                          X